advertisement

Whisky II

Anyone been lucky enough to land a bottle of the Ardbeg 'Ardcore from their release the other day?

Got the email through; all sold out o_O

Anyone been lucky enough to land a bottle of the Ardbeg 'Ardcore from their release the other day?
Got a bottle of the Committee Release version, which is usually cask strength, but only 50.1% this time.
Given that and the fact it is NAS (and young and £110) and the reviews I'm probably going to flip it. I know...but what the heck.

Got a bottle of the Committee Release version, which is usually cask strength, but only 50.1% this time.
Given that and the fact it is NAS (and young and £110) and the reviews I'm probably going to flip it. I know...but what the heck.

I thought that but going to give it a bash; been a while since I've bought an 'out there' bottle of anything...!

The last few SMWS bottles have been disappointing TBH

All a bit lifeless!

What are we dramming tonight?
I gave in to temptation (just for a change) and bought a Blue Spot so was thinking I really should crack my Green Spot as an introduction and to break my Irish duck.

Currently open-
Bunna 12
Ballantines 17
Campbeltown Loch

Also a nice Calvados and an Appletons 12 for a bit of variety.

Not great, a bit rough.
I won't rush to open mine.
They're stuck between a rock and a hard place.
I get the sense they are trying to get something out in the market to put on the shelf as all of the core range disappears instantly. So it's too young as a result.
Would be less disappointing if it was under 30 quid. But it isn't.

I won't rush to open mine.
I get the sense they are trying to get something out in the market to put on the shelf as all of the core range disappears instantly. So it's too young as a result.
Yep sounds plausible. It’s not terrible and I don’t feel robbed at the price. But it’s not a patch on older bottlings that went under the CL marque.

My wife was up in Shetland for the week with a school group and brought me back a bottle of Shetland Reel Whisky from when they were on Unst. It sounds to me like they're not at the point of releasing their own whisky yet, but have this blended malt (using other whiskies) as a filler for the moment. Reviews seem fine so it'll likely be an easy drinker.

Daughter and son-in-law bought this for me as an ‘end of chemo’ treat. I’ve never tried (nor would have bought) an Indian whisky so very much looking forward to the experience.

I'll be interested to hear your feedback on this one...

I ordered a bottle & it arrived damaged (cracked neck), very unlike SMWS as they're always very well packed! Tried to save it after I'd sent them a high res pic and video of the damage & they refunded me, but as I tried to decant it the whole bottle shattered in the sink :mad:

Smelled great though :D

advertisement

Back