advertisement

Whisky II

Taken me a while to be able to find a bottle, and I did get a useful tip from a fishie a week or so ago. So many thanks!

316373571_2319883004847233_7466349896778642645_n.jpg

Ah, I bought a Victoriana last week, and opened it a day or so ago. HP C/S 3 plus Ardnamurchan C/S on the way, hopefully be here this week.Will be interesting your thoughts on the 2 above.

Blair Athol in Pitlochry is a nice distillery to visit/ tour.

It is but it's been seasonal last few times we've been up unfortunately...

Would really like to do Glen Turret but think that's closed too...

Aberfeldy Distillery (Dewars) is really good IMO - mix of new (digital) and traditional and with good guides too...

They loved it when I went in after lifting the Chieftain Stone at Castle Menzies in Aberfeldy... Ali drove us back to Dunkeld.

I was rather merry after them plying me with dram after dram as a well done haha :D

I tried a mid-sized tot last night. I got half way through it, adding water part way through and time to oxidise. It was least bad with a little water but still unpleasant. I poured the 2nd half away….something I’ve not done in nearly 50 years of whisky drinking. My cupboard currently has over 30 malts in residence…never have I experienced this. I’ve never had the sulphur issue with sherried malts either…some are sensitive to this.
Some may recall I struggled with my Glenallachie 15. The thinking was that I could be sensitive bitter flavours. It’s not something I’ve found previously, maybe it was a temporary issue with my taste buds…however I’ve returned to the bottle after 6 weeks and now it’s very good. Maybe oxidation has made it as it should be. I’ve experienced strong changes previously (eg Glen Scotia Victoriana) but never a complete change in character. Oh well, at least I can enjoy it now.

advertisement

Back