advertisement

Whisky II

In my many dedicated years of sampling whiskies I can recall only one that I just couldn't bring myself to drink. It wasn't particularly cheap, and had favourable reviews, so it may just have been my taste buds, but it was a very young, high corn mash-bill bourbon...I suspect it was the oak influence, but no, just no, even as a mixer.
Can't remember what happened to it - I think my eldest son might have taken it, without asking, to a house party...so no doubt thrown into a mixture of coke, Red Bull, or whatever else these whipper-snappers drink.

In my many dedicated years of sampling whiskies I can recall only one that I just couldn't bring myself to drink. It wasn't particularly cheap, and had favourable reviews, so it may just have been my taste buds, but it was a very young, high corn mash-bill bourbon...I suspect it was the oak influence, but no, just no, even as a mixer.
Can't remember what happened to it - I think my eldest son might have taken it, without asking, to a house party...so no doubt thrown into a mixture of coke, Red Bull, or whatever else these whipper-snappers drink.
I once had a bottle of white rum that went to about 3 house parties until I could actually get rid of it. It was nasty cheap stuff with a strange chemical vanilla flavour.

:D Will be interested in your thoughts on the Smokehead unfiltered, especially if you have had the standard release in the past. The Frog QC is good, well worth the extra over the 10.

:D Will be interested in your thoughts on the Smokehead unfiltered, especially if you have had the standard release in the past. The Frog QC is good, well worth the extra over the 10.

Yup..Big fan of Smokehead so looking forwards to that one..

I've had the other 2 before so will save the Smokehead for when I can smell and taste properly...

Midst of my 7th nose bleed currently so won't be supping anything quite yet

I did buy a few of the C/S Smokehead, but they seem to have had a pretty big price hike over the last year. With a cold like that, maybe it's a night for Bells or Jamesons!

I’m on the Lag 8 tonight and struck by how unabashedly pale it is in the glass. Good abv and non chill filtered too. I guess Diageo dictate the presentation of the 16

If you ever send bottles to auction with The Whisky Shop Auction be aware that their maximum cover is £250 for breakages by their Courier. I sent six bottles and they smashed two and the resultant spillage damaged another. Probably £2-300 "out of pocket".
I'm told that Bruce Stevenson offers whisky insurance which covers transit to/from auction at market price.

If you ever send bottles to auction with The Whisky Shop Auction be aware that their maximum cover is £250 for breakages by their Courier. I sent six bottles and they smashed two and the resultant spillage damaged another. Probably £2-300 out of pocket.
I'm told that Bruce Stevenson offers whisky insurance which covers transit to/from auction at market price.
What a shame for you. Im sure either whisky autioneer or swa offer a regular pick up around the uk, not helpful now though. Fingers crossed have only had two damaged bottles which were both signatory bottles for some stranger reason.

advertisement

Back