advertisement

Whisky II

What a shame for you. Im sure either whisky autioneer or swa offer a regular pick up around the uk, not helpful now though. Fingers crossed have only had two damaged bottles which were both signatory bottles for some stranger reason.
I dropped them off at the Manchester shop and reasonably assumed they'd be safely transferred to their central auction office.
Pick up only helps if the onward Courier is adequately insured (maybe WA and SWA are)...or the Seller is...lesson learned (read the small print)...doubt I'll use TWSA again.

Last edited:
I dropped them off at the Manchester shop and reasonably assumed they'd be safely transferred to their central auction office.
Pick up only helps if the onward Courier is adequately insured (maybe WA and SWA are)...or the Seller is...lesson learned (read the small print)...doubt I'll use TWSA again.
Seems like a reasonable assumption especially if they are advertising for drop-off regionally though I bet they've got the fine print covering their backside. Never been a massive fan of TWS tbh but have gotten a couple of glendronachs in previous sales. I was gifted a membership for a year and it never felt like they offered very much exclusively, I did not renew. I suspect they auction their sought after bottles as well.

Seems like a reasonable assumption especially if they are advertising for drop-off regionally though I bet they've got the fine print covering their backside. Never been a massive fan of TWS tbh but have gotten a couple of glendronachs in previous sales. I was gifted a membership for a year and it never felt like they offered very much exclusively, I did not renew. I suspect they auction their sought after bottles as well.
Haven't bought anything from them for ages but thought the drop off was convenient...:oops:
They don't receive any Springbank allocations...

Speaking of which: https://malt-review.com/2022/11/26/ja-mitchell-whiskies-hazelburn-longrow-and-kilkerran/

And the end-Jan visit to Campbeltown is on...a week (accommodation was as cheap for 7 nights as 3/4)...hoping to explore locally, do a day trip to Arran, Glen Scotia and Springbank tours...

Think I paid £56 so that’s fine. It’s sad how these decent independent bottles and stuff like Laga 16 are going silly on prices..

It’s just a clear piss take really
Aye.
My current strategy is twofold: wait for distillery bottlings to be "on offer" and look to smaller Indi Bottlers. I have way too much whisky and will be drastically reducing purchases in 2023.

Aye.
My current strategy is twofold: wait for distillery bottlings to be "on offer" and look to smaller Indi Bottlers. I have way too much whisky and will be drastically reducing purchases in 2023.

Yeah.. I’m up to 38 bottles now… that’s enough!

I will treat myself to a bottle when up to Dunkeld in Feb. We’re taking my folk in laws up this time and stopping in a rented house for the week in Dunkeld as my folks have my brother and his wife and my Dads twin brother and wife there too..

So we’re arranging a boys day out (ladies are driving) and will be visiting a distillery (maybe Edradour as it’s close to Pitlochry for the ladies to lunch etc). Haven’t done their tour since 2010 and a lot has changed…

So may get a nice cask bottle there for a change etc…

So we’re arranging a boys day out (ladies are driving) and will be visiting a distillery (maybe Edradour as it’s close to Pitlochry for the ladies to lunch etc). Haven’t done their tour since 2010 and a lot has changed…
Edradour was completely closed to the public, not sure if it’s reopened.

advertisement

Back