advertisement

Which part of the (former) UK will rejoin the European Union first?

Which part of the former U.K. will rejoin the European Union first?

• Scotland

Votes: 42 41.2%
  • Northern Ireland

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Wales

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • None

Votes: 30 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What I’ve noticed about your posts is there’s no doubt you can use google, yet you often remain unsure how the numbers you find, fit into the context you’re arguing or at other times you’ll go to hyperbole like “Brexit's not going to be as bad as a Soviet winter”. You’re not the worst- there’s a serial offender who’s had god knows how many hours free arithmetic tuition from fellow members. Surely you know the government itself has estimated the economic damage consequent to Brexit, with different scenarios? You say things like, the ports aren’t blocked, (your) medicines are still available but conveniently forget the government has already spent many tens of millions on contingency plans for this scenario. The ports could block and your medicines may run short- that’s why they’re planning for it.

4 years of cyclic arguing have lost the economy billions in investment, I hope everyone is proud in the part which they have played in that.

Norway has voted twice and decided against full EU integration.
Switzerland have also voted twice for the same.

Perhaps both of these countries are also full of racist idiots.

there’s no doubt you can use google
- Thank you.

I find it more enlightening than 'twitter' politics.

Brexit pound.
No food.
No medicine.
Lies on the bus.
Economic catastrophe.

Nope. What I said was quite correct. You're the one trying to play semantic games with it. :)

The point is that *whatever* gloss you, or I, or others might try to put on it, those who did not vote leave may each take a view of their own.

No.. you're right... those 2 . 3 . 4. and 5 years olds who did not vote all have very valid views of their own about the referendum ... sorry to bother you with my semantics.:rolleyes:

Brexit pound.
No food.
No medicine.
Lies on the bus.
Economic catastrophe.

We haven't left yet. We have eleven months when we are still aligned with the EU, and are paying on the same generous terms for the privileges that gains us.
Lets see how these do when we crash out with no deal on WTO terms at the end of this year. With our very own racist idiot at the helm.

4 years of cyclic arguing have lost the economy billions in investment, I hope everyone is proud in the part which they have played in that.

They still have to follow most of the EU rules and pay heavily into the EU coffers for their status

I lived with a catholic Everton fan in Bangkok. The importance of the association between the two for him was pathetic. So he ends up supporting the shitter team just because he was born a catholic, yet was not a practising catholic.

This is of course complete Bollocks. In the dim distant past Liverpool were the catholic team and Everton the Protestant team, hence the relationship between Liverpool and Celtic. For all of my 50 years supporting Liverpool religion has never been an issue for the vast majority of supporters, hence the old trope (true) of families having reds and blues in the same house.

Agreed.

This is my experience of Liverpool and Everton supporters - never heard one of them mention religion in relation to footie although, in the same part of the world, I was told by a taxi driver that Preston is derived from Priest town due to the dominance of Catholics from Ireland in the 1800s whereas Blackpool was for the Protestants and hence their football team play in orange.

Sounds plausible but I am scared to check via Google as Decamoron and a couple of his disciples on here seem to have a bit of a downer on anybody using it to produce evidence that has the audacity to contradict their world view.

Ray

This is of course complete Bollocks. In the dim distant past Liverpool were the catholic team and Everton the Protestant team, hence the relationship between Liverpool and Celtic. For all of my 50 years supporting Liverpool religion has never been an issue for the vast majority of supporters, hence the old trope (true) of families having reds and blues in the same house.
Fair enough. He was full of shit.

More false equivalence. Both Norway and Switzerland have not voted their trade and relationships away, both have market access and are Schengen countries.

Many Leave campaigners here suggested that the UK would maintain free trade and market membereship. Others have since hijacked the entire result for their own political ends. More lies.

Now imagine how the unionist community in N.Ireland feel having had ‘The Conservative & Unionist Party’ leave them in a customs union with the EU and erect a border against them. One day it was “our precioussssss Union” the next day they had been sold to the EU behind their backs by Johnson. Time to say goodbye.

You appear to be conflating the opinions of the DUP with those of the unionist population of NI as a whole. Not all unionists are in, or support, the DUP, consequently not all unionists are dismayed at being left 'in a customs union with the EU'.
I am a 'small u' unionist who (until very recently) felt we were better off as part of the UK in the EU. Now that situation has changed I am open for persuasion on the merits of reunification.

- Thank you.

I find it more enlightening than 'twitter' politics.

Brexit pound.
No food.
No medicine.
Lies on the bus.
Economic catastrophe.

Just to be clear you do realise we haven't left the EU yet except in name? The more I read of your posts the more it seems to me you think we all expected to wake up on Saturday 1st Feb in a world of woe and because we didn't you are some soothsaying genius and we are all stupid. It's kindergarten level political spin from you to be honest... I think The Daily Mail are probably hiring if you're interested.

Just to be clear you do realise we haven't left the EU yet except in name? The more I read of your posts the more it seems to me you think we all expected to wake up on Saturday 1st Feb in a world of woe and because we didn't you are some soothsaying genius and we are all stupid. It's kindergarten level political spin from you to be honest... I think The Daily Mail are probably hiring if you're interested.
It took us almost 50 years to lose our independence so another year is not so bad. The EU is an institution that considers further integration and the associated cost above the fact that the small number of states who are making a net contribution are not doing so well financially.

I am not a fan of BJ but this is a bit desperate - what about the cost and strain on the NHS if a pandemic hit the UK - it would surely reflect badly whoever was PM at the time.

Politicians rarely leave an opportunity to bury or blane bad news unused.

You certainly find 'em Rich. Not quite so sure of why you are so keen to listen to them though.
To be honest I lived with him, it was hard to avoid the annoyance. He came home one day with a full set of cutlery from a British Embassy garden party in Bangkok.

Mackay resignation 'a calamity' for government

Looks like Sturgeon doesn't have her finger on the pulse.

This is a calamity, without caveat, for Derek Mackay, for the SNP, for the first minister and for the collective Scottish government.

He had been tipped as a possible successor to Nicola Sturgeon. In the event that there might be a vacancy at some point in the future, for whatever reason.

[URL='https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-51397833']Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-51397833[/URL]

No.. you're right... those 2 . 3 . 4. and 5 years olds who did not vote all have very valid views of their own about the referendum ... sorry to bother you with my semantics.:rolleyes:

Yes, you are correct. I've already heard some who were only a few weeks too young to vote at the time, object. Indeed, some did *before* the vote.

And I don't doubt some others who did not vote will have their own reasons to feel shafted if things don't work out well. For example, those I heard before the vote complaining that *both* sides in the campaign spouted so much bollox that they were unable to decide what to do because they knew no-one was giving them reliable information as a basis for a decision.

Just that neither you nor I know what effect this will have when it comes to how people vote, etc, in future. However if things turn out badly, I'd be amazed if it didn't have an effect. Time will tell. As the old die off and the 'too young' come of age and get given what they were unable to vote for, they may form their own views of what was done to them.

I'd say this is also a factor that may grow the wish for Scots Independence, and may well mean a united Ireland as well.

advertisement

Back