advertisement

What's The Last Bit Of Audio Equipment You Have Bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a Sonos Connect as a digital source running Deezer Elite and Music Vault.

Initially connected using Toslink to my Naim NDS, then added a Wyred 4 Sound Remedy reclocker (Toslink in, BNC out). Am very impressed with the ease of setup, user interface and sound quality. The reclocker (which also upsamples to 24/96) brought a small, but audible improvement, removing some treble hardness. As a result, am now enjoying a much wider range of new music.

Yellowtec Puc2 Lite USB to AES/EBU converter and Van Damme and Neutrik bits to make up to make up a cable, all ordered this morning.

A pair of Art Audio Concerto mono blocks. 10 years old. Bought in a USA auction, imported, fully checked, all new Sowter transformers in triode mode, new caps, re-polished cases.

I seem to recall you had solos before? I'd love some but cost/number of boxes is prohibitive.

Only once, and these are my first, bought used towards end of last year... They sat for weeks on eBay... So I contacted the seller privately and found a good deal could be had :D
They are so much than the other modern Linn amps.. Shame they are so dam expensive.

The last thing I bought was a Tiger-Paw Elevator.

17974976-md.jpg

I don't know how I got on without one for so long and not trash a cartridge.

I think most of us have managed just fine for >20 years!
Well done, but for the record I have never trashed a cartridge (yet, touch wood). I don't know about your cueing technique, but I have never felt as confident manually cueing the ARO as I did the Ittok. That has not improved with age, unfortunately, so the Elevator was a bit of a Godsend.

Shahinian arcs, they are sounding very nice indeed. For my ears the are less revealing than my SBL'S, warmer actually with a room filling sound.. They sound OK on the end of an exposure X but I think there is more to be heard. Can't wait to put a decent amp with them.

I bought the old style Torlyte Russ Andrews speaker stands.. Despite discount seem expensive for what they are, in true Russ Andres style, but they work perfectly with my ATC SCM 19s and a nice improvement on my various open frame and high mass stands I used previously .. So despite cost.. Very happy and won't be returning them..
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back