advertisement

What's The Last Bit Of Audio Equipment You Have Bought II?

I recently bought a Trinnov ST2 hifi room correction unit with its 3d measuring mic.... a totally amazing device and the best upgrade ever!!!!
(I bought a pre owned unit at Eu3600 .. RRP =EU 6700)

DCTF9XtXgAATB60.jpg

open.jpg

2_2_8.jpg

1 metre 2534 star quad interconnect between CDX2 and ATC Integrated. Mogami mic cable from Amazon for £31. Superb....

Pair of Usher S-520 loudspeakers.

Not only one of my absolute favourite small loudspeakers ever, but I think the only pair of speakers that Noel Keywood, David Price and I all agreed on as being brilliant during my time at Hi-Fi World!

In fact, very possibly the only piece of equipment full stop...

I used an April music Eximus as a headphone amp/dac...it's a really really good product , beautifully built

That’s part of the role it’ll play for me. Have a couple of folk over this w/e to play with DACs and, in particular, compare to my high end (for a sound card!) sound card/DAC.

My first thought was....”classic audio” equipment, therefore my most recent purchase would be last year’s NAC82.

However since the 82 arrived, I’ve been playing around with Raspberry Pi based “audio” streamers.

So would an RPi, when used in this context as a single-function device, qualify as an “audio” device..........discuss

Been on a splurge recently, I’ve purchased:

Cables:
•Coherent 6d rca cables x2
•Coherent 6d speaker cables
•Coherent 6d power leads x4

New hifi rack, made out of Australian Blackwood (gorgeous looking stuff), custom spec:
•3x3 width and height
•matching isolation platforms (x9) @2” thick
•Starsound spikes and footers, for bottom level and floor interface

Fuses:
4x sr blue fuses, for DAC, pc psu and mains conditioner

I’m waiting for the cables and rack to be made. The fuses made an immediate difference, in some cases not positive; I’m glad I put them in one at a time (to make sure I had the orientated correctly) when this was done they sounded better than the hi fi tuning supremes they replaced. At about the 150 hour mark (at a guess) on them, they further opened up and relaxed more.

I heard the 4d cables in my system years ago and they were superb; since the system has upgraded in a few significant ways. I’m genuinely excited to hear the difference the 6Ds will make now :)

Graham Audio LS3/5 speakers. Fab little things with great emotion. They have a little bass too. Delighted with them

Just purchased the necessary Clearlight Audio resonance damping compound (RDC) cones, cups and Combi bases to outfit the above rack. Used this stuff since 2011, just needed more to accommodate everything.

Ordered a pair of ProAc Tablette 10's. Maybe the best LS3/5a-size speakers ever; and I've owned a few. Don't want to become a KEF LS50 pod person. ;)

I recently bought a Trinnov ST2 hifi room correction unit with its 3d measuring mic.... a totally amazing device and the best upgrade ever!!!!
(I bought a pre owned unit at Eu3600 .. RRP =EU 6700)

DCTF9XtXgAATB60.jpg

open.jpg

2_2_8.jpg

What do you do with the 3D measuring mic l am scared to ask......:)

Heh..no its not a high tech rectal thermometer or any form of sex toy tho it does use batteries.....
Its key to measurements , if can measure the speakers in 3d space like this

24176948_868333333347269_4179008336526504829_n.jpg

A Yamaha R-N803D digital network receiver. A near impulse buy that cleared 6 boxes from my second system (SB touch, Teddy PSU, Apple TV, NJC headphone/pre, Cyrus XPA, Rega DAC), and if I’m honest it sounds marginally better driving Neat Motive 3’s. Might be the basic room correction that it offers as the space is far from ideal. Headphone amp is not up the NJC but it’s acceptable for what I need now.

Feels like a big change in direction - bit like when I lept from the Naim locomotive in around 2005. And pretty much the same upsides too - fewer boxes, more cash and the speakers surviving the cull!

advertisement

Back