advertisement

What's The Last Bit Of Audio Equipment You Have Bought II?

It appears that WTL has lightly rounded the corners on your Versalex plinth, I like that too, as the ones I have always seen were just squared off. Nice touch there. The new Simplex 2 also has ply look and rounded corners, not to mention it now has blue-ball syndrome, as in a dark blue-ish golf ball. Simplex just looks much nicer now, not as cheap looking.

That's not the only change they've made to the Versalex. They're changed the platter to frosted instead of black.

By chance the day before I was going to place an order for one I clocked a review on Audio T's website. The reviewer had posted a photo of his deck with the new look platter.
I contacted my dealer and Pear Audio about this as I really didn't like the look of it AT ALL.
The response from Pear Audio was all new Versalex decks are now shipped with the frosted platter. But it doesn't make any sonic difference to the black one.

I've just noticed the bottom part of the tonearm is now black instead of silver.

Luckily I came to an agreement with my dealer to have the one in the shop with the black platter.

My last bit were actually five bits: a Pro-Ject RPM Carbon 3 turntable, a Naim Stageline but, last in order, a brand new TeddyCapIII for the Stageline. I wish to add that I had previously bought brand new TeddyCapIII and TeddyXPS for my SuperNait and CDX2 respectively. I can gladly disclose that I am fully satisfied with the three PSUs.
M.

LS50a.jpg

Temple Audio Class D Monoblocks. I kid you not, these things are comparable to (if not better than) a pair of WAD 300B PSE monoblocks That I had on loan a few years back.

Thanks. At £240 shipped I didn't think I could go too far wrong with it, from the numbers it also seems to be an ok match for the arm as well so should be good to go when it arrives.

Graham Slee Lautus USB cable.
A massive upgrade on my old Audioquest cable - although apparently this is all in my head
as it's not possible for it to sound superior.:D

A Schiit Eitr and Tisbury passive for the desk, an Oppo 203 and Khozmo passive for the front room and a couple of Mark Grant HDX1 cables. They are all doing what I hoped for.

Graham Slee Lautus USB cable.
A massive upgrade on my old Audioquest cable - although apparently this is all in my head
as it's not possible for it to sound superior.:D
Massive? I’ve heard small differences before, not necessarily improvements. I stuck with my well made Belkin in the end. I like Graham Slee stuff. Used to run a Gram Amp SE some years ago, great VFM

Massive? I’ve heard small differences before, not necessarily improvements. I stuck with my well made Belkin in the end. I like Graham Slee stuff. Used to run a Gram Amp SE some years ago, great VFM
If you're happy with your Belkin that's great.
I'm delighted with my Lautus cable.

advertisement

Back