advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

Driving to the South Coast on Wednesday to collect.
Trying a mighty integrated.
Plinius Hiato .
I've had separate pre and powers from Plinius over the years, this integrated gets great reviews, and I can use the pre out into my other "weekend only" power amp.

Thule IA60 amp and CD150B cdp.

Arrived yesterday, very impressed by the clarity and focus of the sound 👌

20240209-210216.jpg

Oooo, look at the dust. 😲
Must give it a wipe sometime.
Dust? try using a black TV rack, the dust comes back within 5 mins of being polished/wiped down

Well paid the 2nd instalment for my Solid Sounds 401 plinth. Drove from Chichester to Leeds to collect it yesterday and on the way back I picked up a pair of speaker stands from the Maverick classifieds in Wakefield. Also on the way back I called in to a chap in Northampton and accidentally came away from there with a pair of Heco Direkts (2 way) onboard. I didn't so much buy them as stole them from him for the price I negotiated.

A Rega Aethos, which is now powering a pair of Harbeth HL5 Plus speakers. Impressed. It’s really enjoyable. Lot of bang for buck with it.

A Rega Aethos, which is now powering a pair of Harbeth HL5 Plus speakers. Impressed. It’s really enjoyable. Lot of bang for buck with it.
Congratulations! Was thinking of trying one myself, have Rega improved the remote volume control of later models? Early buyers were complaining that it was difficult to control the volume precisely, that a small press on the remote would result in a big change in volume.

Congratulations! Was thinking of trying one myself, have Rega improved the remote volume control of later models? Early buyers were complaining that it was difficult to control the volume precisely, that a small press on the remote would result in a big change in volume.

Definitely not fine grades of volume control, but they're not gargantuan shifts and I find it manageable. At least, it's not annoying me. Really happy with how it sounds though. I was impressed with an in-store demo listening to it alongside similarly priced Hegels and Gold Notes and although they were all really good, (the small Gold Note was maybe a little bit too syrupy) it won out for me by being an all round more involving listen. Happy with the choice.

I replaced the regretfully dead Linn Wakonda with an “updated” Linn Akurate DSM. Now the Rotel CD digital out to the DSM for remarkable improvement. The bonus was moving from Spotify from the Windows PC to Schiit DAC to Qobuz digital in to DSM, using the Linn app.
Of course the LP12 and the large LP rack sings.
The $$$ was well spent.

Looking forward to hearing your views on the Heco's, I love mine.
It's taken time for me to dial myself into them but they've grown on me since tweaking their positioning. I will give it another couple of weeks before making a decision but I'm pretty sure the SF Toy Towers will end up in the classifieds.

It's taken time for me to dial myself into them but they've grown on me since tweaking their positioning. I will give it another couple of weeks before making a decision but I'm pretty sure the SF Toy Towers will end up in the classifieds.
Mini review when you are ready please :)

A bk xls300 sub ordered, to be used with proac d2's. Should be here in the next 2 weeks. Never had a sub before so this will be intetesting.

GGNTKT M1S speakers

The last piece of hifi I bought, and the last piece of hifi I will buy (barring winning the lottery forcing an upgrade, or bankruptcy forcing a downgrade)

My personal end game finally :)

advertisement

Back