advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

Thule IA60 amp and CD150B cdp.

Arrived yesterday, very impressed by the clarity and focus of the sound 👌

20240209-210216.jpg

Oooo, look at the dust. 😲
Must give it a wipe sometime.

My intention was an upgrade to my Khozmo passive pre so it follows that I ended up with a set of Tannoy Supertweeters! Pics to follow.

Just an update on the Monitor Audios sliver 200 7s.
They are very unobtrusive in our room and for looks and sound they definitely pass the wife acceptance test😉.
Sadly, my wife cannot stand music to be played loud so they have only been played at low to moderate levels so far, but I am impressed.
They have a much better defined bass than the Epos 11s, which could definitely be a bit one note, and an equally transparent midrange.
They are being fed from a pre cirkus LP12 that is now sitting on a light pine coffee table and doesnt appear to be any less good sounding than it was on a dedicated rack.🤔
Tbh it looks and sounds great.
Very pleased so far👍
Monitor audio have always designed good looking speakers. Glad you are enjoying them. Your wife just needs conditioning. Turn the volume up a smidge every week. You'll soon be rocking. If she complains just tell her that I said you could do it. :)

That I've taken delivery of, a (probably elderly) LehmannAudio Black Cube SE, may get sent to Köln for updates. That I'm awaiting, a Nagaoka MP-200.

Monitor audio have always designed good looking speakers. Glad you are enjoying them. Your wife just needs conditioning. Turn the volume up a smidge every week. You'll soon be rocking. If she complains just tell her that I said you could do it. :)
Ha, nice try but she is seriously fussy about volume levels. She keeps saying that I must have damaged my ears through excessive volume levels and motorbikes.
I just say, ’what’? 🙄
Either way, we are both still enjoying them and we now have a very neat installation.

Latest purchase - B & O Beomaster 2000 and Beovox P45 speakers: both in very good condition, and total cost only £30. Sound excellent as a fourth system - in my home office. Will hang on the wall shortly as a piece of 80's "art". Touch controls are entertainment on their own. Expect to continue building up my vintage collection with lots more bargains in the next 12 months.

Not bought but resurrected: the Amptastic Mini 1. Glorious amp for £100 if you have efficient speakers. £4k in front, £4k behind, totally at ease (so long as you’re under 85dB peaks).

A little Chord Mojo 2 DAC - late to the party on this one. Initial impressions - way better than I had hoped, lovely bit of kit, punches above it's weight (size!) ...

SJS Arcadia pre-amp which went straight for an upgrade to 1.5 status. I never did sell my EAR 802 pre though... still sat on a shelf a few years later.

advertisement

Back