advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

The only time I've ever heard the kefs being described as unresolving. Those little ProAcs must be ace
It’s like night and day… The difference is obvious. I remember comparing with The XX’s first album which can sound a little on the opaque side. You can’t hear the lyrics properly with the Kefs but you can with the ProAcs! And so it went on with album after album.

Last pieces not even in use yet. Rogers LS6. The old Sony speakers are in bits after the surround went hard. The naim Intro are just not my thing so when I get them cleaned up and sold will try the LS6

Just ordered a Schiit Bifrost 2, on backorder, won’t be delivered for 6-8 weeks. It will complement the Modi 3+ that is being delivered today, which is a duplicate of the Modi 3+ I received a week ago and instantly fell in love with. (Hey, AKM 4490-based products are getting thin on the ground, so good to have a spare…)

I am clearly confirming what many have long contended, I am a true Schiit Head.

Just ordered a Schiit Bifrost 2, on backorder, won’t be delivered for 6-8 weeks. It will complement the Modi 3+ that is being delivered today, which is a duplicate of the Modi 3+ I received a week ago and instantly fell in love with. (Hey, AKM 4490-based products are getting thin on the ground, so good to have a spare…)

I am clearly confirming what many have long contended, I am a true Schiit Head.
Schitt UK seems to have been out of stock of everything forever. I take it you live elsewhere Subito?

Schitt UK seems to have been out of stock of everything forever. I take it you live elsewhere Subito?
Yep, USA.

I actually decided to return the second Modi that arrived today, I had planned to give it to a relative but he doesn’t want it, and it does seem a bit silly to just keep it as a backup. So perhaps I’m not a complete S-Head.

Yep, USA.

I actually decided to return the second Modi that arrived today, I had planned to give it to a relative but he doesn’t want it, and it does seem a bit silly to just keep it as a backup. So perhaps I’m not a complete S-Head.
I'm not saying anything about you. :)
I was only surprised that you are able to obtain Schitt at all. It must have been dreadful to be the European distributor over the last eighteen months.

Just got some S/H LS50 mk 1 black edition speakers... now on shelves either side of my office desk driven by my pc > Ion Obelisk 3X-Xpac1

Reactions: RoA
I'm not saying anything about you. :)
I was only surprised that you are able to obtain Schitt at all. It must have been dreadful to be the European distributor over the last eighteen months.
No worries, my S-Head comment was self-referential about my imprudent spending habits. ;)
Most of the upper-end Schiit stuff (still made in California) is on backorder, it’s the lower end stuff that’s now made in their new Texas facility that’s showing better availability.

Head shell buying spree Gus?
Aye :) Plans afoot to pimp my Technics, had a look for a UK supplier of Yamamoto but ended up importing from the USA Disti Mockingbird in Texas, arrived via Chicago/London/Aberdeen, figured may as well buy the lot rather than just 1.

No worries, my S-Head comment was self-referential about my imprudent spending habits. ;)
Most of the upper-end Schiit stuff (still made in California) is on backorder, it’s the lower end stuff that’s now made in their new Texas facility that’s showing better availability.

I'm also a fan of Schiit components and live about 40 minutes from their California factory and factory store. My two favorite products are the Gungnir DAC which I use in my $10k headphone system and have no plans to replace. Love it. The other is the Jotunheim headphone amp with the multi-bit DAC. I use that as my desktop amp with ZMF Atticus headphones. An outstanding amp/dac for the $$$.

advertisement

Back