advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

Matrix Audio mini-i 4 (non-pro) to replace the existing Matrix Audio mini-i 3 pro.

This is for the "headphone-only" system that has changed locations and no longer has access to the Roon ROCK. As such, the primary functionality of the mini-i 3 pro, Roon Ready-ness, was not working.

The new version now has application control, DLNA/uPnP, and most importantnly, Tidal Connect and Qobuz so need not rely on bluetooth anymore.

I have "lost" wireless networking and the headphone amp, but I did not use either so am happy with the trade-off. Was able to trade in (*), due to a wonderful local dealer.

(*) Believe it or not, trading in to purchase newer products is seldom a practice locally.

Duevel Venus arrived.
IMG-1801.jpg
Very nice! Is that cherry for the main cabinet, hard for me to tell. Mine are maple with the natural ply horn/discs as yours. I like the ply look. I have had mine since 2018 and still love them! Enjoy! We expect a full detailed review when things are run in and you have them placed to your liking!

Very nice! Is that cherry for the main cabinet, hard for me to tell. Mine are maple with the natural ply horn/discs as yours. I like the ply look. I have had mine since 2018 and still love them! Enjoy! We expect a full detailed review when things are run in and you have them placed to your liking!
Thanks, will do! I think it is European maple.

Duevel Venus arrived.
IMG-1801.jpg
Nice, congrats. I've never heard of those speakers before. I'm more familiar with German Physics, MBL etc. Their flagship Sirius speakers look good. Though at that price point i'd be tempted to go for fully loaded Linkwitz LX521 Reference speakers & get 5-channel 1000 watt amps thrown into the bargain.

Thanks Simon, happily we managed to get it sorted nd it’s sounding fab. Hope you are well and your system is still singing.
All is well here mate, thanks. I only finished fitting the sound treatments in my room last week. The system is now sounding remarkable, I've reached a level I didn't think was possible. it's safe to say I'm done.

i think it makes a difference ...

Do you think it's dependent on your house electrics? I had the same bit of kit and couldn't make out even the tiniest difference, but can fairly easily hear the difference between some DACs, so would like to think I could pick out differences if they were there.

Do you think it's dependent on your house electrics? I had the same bit of kit and couldn't make out even the tiniest difference, but can fairly easily hear the difference between some DACs, so would like to think I could pick out differences if they were there.
Listened to syriana soundtrack which is very vivid and dynamic .before with just 156 and its good , then played again after with groundmaster connected to my earth rod buried quite a few feet under hi fi room and i thought it sounded better transients and dynamics .

However i dont have time to keep taking it in and out to evaluate properly .its worth 190 quid though i think

advertisement

Back