advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

I squeezed onto the bandwagon to buy a WiiM Plus Pro for my office. For the main system, some Stack Audio AUVA 50 feet for my speakers a few weeks ago and now some AUVA EQs to test under equipment, mainly my power amp.

Last edited:
2nd hand Nordost QRT from a Paris dealer

My second QPoint
A QKore1

QKore 1 to ground the QB8 v3 - worthwhile improvement in overall clarity.

QPoint under the dCS clock (the 1st is under the DAC) - more clarity and sufficiently pleased with the results to not want to bother moving the QPoint around.

Not so much a purchase as an exchange.

Did a straight swap with my 2 month old Audiolab 9000CDT for the Lector CDP 603 in the classifieds.
Met up with PeteC about halfway between our kennels to do the exchange. It was a 2hr round trip, but well worth it, so happy to be back in the Lector fold after stupidly selling my CDP7TL in December as part of my system de-investment.

MZtOXrF.jpeg

I needed another turntable so I've got a Goldring GR1 coming that was cheap on Ebay. It looks like it's a Rega Planar 2 with a different name on it, and with what looks like an RB250. I've got a Moth badged Planar 2 in another system and it's a decent turntable.

Couple of bits from the last few weeks, an ATC CA2 (mk1) Preamp and Yamaha WXC-50 Player/DAC/Preamp.

The CA2 just as I’ve always wanted one and was available from a dealer at a bargain price so could not resist for the Living Room system. Needs a bit of switch cleaner as the buttons dont always ‘switch’.

Wanted to try the WXC-50 instead of my basic WX-AD10 in the now ‘main’ Library system, few issues setting up with new Vodafone router but got there in the end. Not had a chance to properly compare as yet. Plan is to use it as a digital streaming source into the Lyngdorf TDAi2200 as the WX-AD10 only has analogue outputs.

Pretty happy at just over £500 for the pair.

System by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

System by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

Very cool and good sounding little preamp, the ATC is! Another piece I wish that I had not sold. Sigh....

Does Bose portable Bluetooth PA kit count?

The end of December I bought a pair of their L1 systems… they’re not as detailed or accurate as my Linn system, but in a big space, they just make music, really nicely. They have a huge, room filling sound.

Following on the success of the L1 systems, I bought a pair of their S1 Pro systems to use as fold back monitors on stage, and for small events, movie nights at my local community centre etc… now I’m going to be honest, these aren’t the last word in accuracy, but a few times, I’ve plonked them down in my living room after getting back from a gig, they’re rechargeable so it’s simply a case of switching them on and pairing them with your phone, and I’ve sat and listened, and listened, and listened until I realise it’s getting too close to the time I should be getting up. They’re fun, versatile and extremely simple to set up. These will be my ultimate outdoor music system.

Naim NDX last week. I wanted my digital sources sorted, and this beast seems to be the solution.

advertisement

Back