Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What no cricket thread ?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by peter bj, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Excellent performance from England thus far

2. clifftaylor

clifftaylor Absolutely retired!

Australia now 74-5, and Rashid hasn't bowled at all yet

3. Spiderous

Spiderous pfm Member

184-5. Making a game of it.

4. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

England playing less well, Rashid having a ‘mare.

5. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Take your chances.....

6. SteveS1

Curran surely?

7. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Err seems not. Morgan rolls the dice once too often.

8. SteveS1

Not an occasion for a gamble, that was poor. I know which one Starc would have wanted. Well played the Aussies.

9. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Terrible final over

10. canonman

canonman pfm Member

Gobsmacked when Curran didn't get over 50.

11. najb

najb pfm Member

well done Australia!

12. doctorf

doctorf left footed right winger

Even I know that you don’t give a leg spinner the last over when you’ve got a big hitting left hander facing.

13. SteveS1

Chances missed, some very average fielding (do they ever practice throwing the stumps down?) and that final over decision - lots to learn. The Aussie batsmen played exceptionally well too.

14. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Only Carey and Maxwell batted well...after both were given another chance by the No-ball and the dropped catch...
    Should have been an easy England win, but it was a good close match instead.
    Stokes was missed.

15. Eyebroughty

Eyebroughty JohnC

England were outplayed in all three ODI's, England just got lucky in the second match, last nights performance was not good.

Archer seems to have more off days than on, Rashid does not look as good as he used to be, Roy and Root need to go back and learn to bat.

Accepted they all have not been playing a regular season, however no matter how the Sky presenters tried to make it look good it was not the best match by some way.

16. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Carey and Maxwell won the game just as Woakes did in the previous game - it's the nature of 50 over cricket.

Andrew C! likes this.
  17. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

Agreed. Fine margins prevail. Not much between the top teams these days. England need to sort their fielding out, so it matches the batting and bowling aspects of their game.

How quick some forget the results from the summer in just one match, tho...

As I've previously said - Stokes in for Root (T20 and 50 over only), Wood preferred to Archer (more consistent) and rehabilitate Hales to cover the top 3 in T20 and 50 over. Develop Banton, and get Malan and Billings into T20 and 50 over as 1st reserves. No other alterations to the bowling - we can compete with anyone with our bowling options.

18. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Worth beating in mind that Burns is a little out of form but he is still a match winner.

I thought it was poor captaincy last night.

Root didn’t do anything with the bat but took two crucial wickets.

19. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Thing is this (with Stokes) is probably Peak England Cricket. PEC should last another 2-3 years so they had better win now...

20. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

The Curran brothers, plus a few of the younger batsmen, will have something to say about that.