advertisement

What no cricket thread ?

Even I know that you don’t give a leg spinner the last over when you’ve got a big hitting left hander facing.

Chances missed, some very average fielding (do they ever practice throwing the stumps down?) and that final over decision - lots to learn. The Aussie batsmen played exceptionally well too.

Chances missed, some very average fielding (do they ever practice throwing the stumps down?) and that final over decision - lots to learn. The Aussie batsmen played exceptionally well too.

Only Carey and Maxwell batted well...after both were given another chance by the No-ball and the dropped catch...
Should have been an easy England win, but it was a good close match instead.
Stokes was missed.

I reckon this village 11 could do well, maybe winning the village cup at Lords next year;)

England were outplayed in all three ODI's, England just got lucky in the second match, last nights performance was not good.

Archer seems to have more off days than on, Rashid does not look as good as he used to be, Roy and Root need to go back and learn to bat.

Accepted they all have not been playing a regular season, however no matter how the Sky presenters tried to make it look good it was not the best match by some way.

Carey and Maxwell won the game just as Woakes did in the previous game - it's the nature of 50 over cricket.

Agreed. Fine margins prevail. Not much between the top teams these days. England need to sort their fielding out, so it matches the batting and bowling aspects of their game.

How quick some forget the results from the summer in just one match, tho...

As I've previously said - Stokes in for Root (T20 and 50 over only), Wood preferred to Archer (more consistent) and rehabilitate Hales to cover the top 3 in T20 and 50 over. Develop Banton, and get Malan and Billings into T20 and 50 over as 1st reserves. No other alterations to the bowling - we can compete with anyone with our bowling options.

Worth beating in mind that Burns is a little out of form but he is still a match winner.

I thought it was poor captaincy last night.

Root didn’t do anything with the bat but took two crucial wickets.

Thing is this (with Stokes) is probably Peak England Cricket. PEC should last another 2-3 years so they had better win now...

Thing is this (with Stokes) is probably Peak England Cricket. PEC should last another 2-3 years so they had better win now...

The Curran brothers, plus a few of the younger batsmen, will have something to say about that.

advertisement

Back