advertisement

What is Sky announcing tomorrow?

Most around us in Suffolk have had fibre for quite a while now.

And another thing lol: no more losing the signal when the dish only sees heavy rain or is covered in snow.
Our last place in Cambridgeshire, great fibre broadband (tiny hamlet) but trees in the way of satellite signal.

Buy 'Smart Market' you mean pretty much every TV that can no be bought from any outlet that sells TVs. Sky will eat a little of those sales for sure. Massive chunk, seems unlikely.

Plus don't know if you have seen the TV from Sky, but it's as ugly as sin. why they would model it on the iMac chin is strange indeed!

Hard to do accurate workings but there are circa 27mil households and 9mil sky subscribers (this is amazing to me). For a massive chunk it would have to be based on the assumption that every one of those sky subscribers was planning to get a smart tv soon and that every single one of them moved to this new sky offering.

I am sticking with doubt it :)
It is not really aimed at existing Sky customers like me who have a Sky Q box & a decent telly. If I wasn’t a Sky customer & looking for a good value option I would jump at this. You have to remember that Sky were something of a laughing stock when first launched but then they used sport to corner the market & now they are investing heavily in quality content.

You don’t need a smart TV if you have Sky Q.

They really know how to develop new revenue streams like ‘Ad-smart’ & can cross-subsidise to deliver great value electronics.

Your logic appears a little wonky but it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Sky love it or hate it is a very slick system and their customer support is generally excellent. I would be tempted to consider the ‘glass’ on the basis that the Atmos sound system and sub woofer built in could be a good compromise without cluttering the living room with loads of speakers. I currently use the Sky Soundbox which is very good. However at the price level the tv is pitched it is going to be old or inferior technology compared to the leading sets and we like a larger tv due to getting on a bit and having poor eyesight. I think it will do quite well.

advertisement

Back