advertisement

What is Sky announcing tomorrow?

we had Radio Rentals when i was a kid, and they didnt.

I am sure i remember another company called something like VistaVision

There was Colourvision and VisionHire.

1970s-uk-visionhire-colour-television-magazine-advert-EXRART.jpg

Free casual racism with every colour TV rented from us.

Did their TVs have the coin-meter fixed to the back?

The DER sets I remember didn`t - we had a nice newish Ferguson loaner all the time my Dad worked for them......

After that we reverted to the old 9 inch Bush console with a band III convertor on top.

We had a rented telly for years when I was a kid, Radio Rentals used to great business with students back in the day.

Sky Glass is a very clever concept, they know what they are doing. The TV is paid for over 48 months, interest free with a minimum add on TV package. I am fully loaded with sky at present, just been given films for nothing so this isn’t for me currently.

Riving at the coin box with a huge screwdriver while your mam and dad were out :oops:.

Sounds like a line that could be sneaked into a Squeeze song…..

“Shape up at the disco and I think I've got a pull
I ask her lots of questions and she hangs on to the wall
I kiss her for the first time and then I take her home
I'm invited in for coffee and I give the dog a bone
She likes to go to discos but she's never on her own
I said I'll see you later and give her some old chat
But it's not like that on the TV when it's cool for cats
It's cool for cats (cool for cats)”.

I cannot conceive of any reason to want this.

Well, if someone is thinking about buying a new telly and perhaps subscribing to Sky because they’re in the house all day, all week, alone much of the time, and they want decent sound for films but without the clutter of soundbars etc, it’s not a bad option. It’ll depend on the details, quality of the screen and sound, how upgrades happen etc, but I think it’ll be popular.

I know Murdoch has nothing to do with Sky any more, but it made him and his disgusting family extremely rich, so I would never, ever, buy anything Sky

advertisement

Back