advertisement

What is Sky announcing tomorrow?

The only thing I can think is if people are into sports only Sky have access too. I just don't see the point of sky, and in this format less so, a Shield TV and netflix subscription is going to get you most of the way there.

I just don't watch terrestrial TV so admit I am not the target audience. but I have to believe the target audience is 1. old and 2. diminishing.

I would disagree about your target audience, those who are elderly want to watch when they feel like it rather than watching it live and keeping a copy for future use, this service is live streaming I think, or maybe Sky will keep a backup of everything?

Buy 'Smart Market' you mean pretty much every TV that can no be bought from any outlet that sells TVs. Sky will eat a little of those sales for sure. Massive chunk, seems unlikely.

Plus don't know if you have seen the TV from Sky, but it's as ugly as sin. why they would model it on the iMac chin is strange indeed!

Hard to do accurate workings but there are circa 27mil households and 9mil sky subscribers (this is amazing to me). For a massive chunk it would have to be based on the assumption that every one of those sky subscribers was planning to get a smart tv soon and that every single one of them moved to this new sky offering.

I am sticking with doubt it :)

I am sticking with doubt it

me too. I can see a handful of ppl going for this. Perhaps some custom from ppl wanting to change their TV and service. Finance might be the attractive lever, PCP for a TV and integrated service....

Couldn't agree more, this is a forum of discourse, you are welcome to join in rather than sniping?
Hardly a snipe. But the other 65m people in this country are hardly likely to view life the way you or I do. Their needs and wants will be different.
If the various forums are to be believed, Sky, the BBC, C5…. All doomed. Years ago. But somehow they keep going. And that’s quite an achievement considering the upheaval of the last fifteen years or so what with internet based entertainment.

Ok but not sure what that has to do with a cheap TV set from sky. Sky's numbers are impressive, I had no idea that many people are willing to pay that much for terrestrial TV. But I still doubt Sky are going to take a 'massive chunk' of the smart TV market. It is of course my opinion. We all have one.

Wow I was just looking at the pricing as well. So a 43 inch TV is going to cost you 649 quid, but that does not include the sky subscription which is a minimum 26 quid more a month.

Mwahhahha

I should think many people who rent and aren’t allowed a dish on the property will be quite interested.

our students use a firestick with a NowTV package

I tried using NowTV when live F1 went to Sky only and found it too limited, so frustrating.

Communal dish is great, but I don’t think all flats have it.

Also, pretty cottages in small villages, many are not allowed to have a dish on the outside of the building.

advertisement

Back