advertisement

What are you listening to right now #9?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nickl said:
Another fan of this album. Listening to this makes you realise where Cinematic Orchestra got the atmosphere for Everyday from. I'd never heard of him until earlier this year - another present from Stuart Maconie's Freak Zone!

Have you heard Kirchin's Worlds Within Worlds? Truly splendid, much darker though.

Mr Dorgon, God is Greatest. Completely nuts, in a good way.

-- Ian

Viktor Vaughn- Venomous Villain

Listening to lots of stuff I might sell lately. '06 *might* see me selling lots of iffy stuff, buying a turntable, and loading up on quality vinyl.

You know a tt makes sense - screw the box count.

Charles Mingus - Black Saint And The Sinner Lady

ErikL said:
Alex- Who is Ricky?

Ricky Gervais is a comedian/broadcaster who wrote The Office (which was remade in the US as 'The Office', and Extras, which wasn't). His podcasts are 30 or so minutes of comedy.

For those that listen to XFM, the podcasts are similar to his show, but without the music.

The podcasts can be found here

ErikL said:
Listening to lots of stuff I might sell lately. '06 *might* see me selling lots of iffy stuff, buying a turntable, and loading up on quality vinyl.
Good move. You won't regret it either :)

John Coltrane and Don Cherry: The Avant Garde John Coltrane. A present from my non jazz loving wife. On vinyl! Odd hearing Trane feeling his way round Coleman tunes but full of good things.

Kevin

Following ErikL's lead and critically listening to stuff to decide whether to sell it or not.

So far:

Dzihan and Kamien - Gran Riserva (now listed for sale on Amazon)
Rennie Pilgrem - Tribalizm (ditto)
v/a mixed by Tom Stephan - Soundworx vol.2 (not sure, probably to be listed)
v/a mixed by Tom Middleton - Sounds of the Cosmos (listed)

Disc 1 of Coltrane's Heavyweight Champion. Its mostly the Bags and Trane album (with Milt jackson) plus some Giant Steps outtakes. Loving it....

Cheers

Rich

With a light dusting of snow outside and children playing on the floor, returning to James Yorkston's "Going Up Country" which is rapidly becoming a long term favourite. Like a cup of hot chocolate after a long winter walk.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back