advertisement

What are you listening to right now #9?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was : Lenoard Cohen - I'm Your Man
I didn't even know we had this, I certainly hadn't played it for years. Three tracks in and I realised why - Cohen's voice - superb, Cohen's lyrics - superb, female backing vocals (alternatively Andji and Warnes) utter shit. The backing vocals really ruined the sombre feel of this for me. Brilliant, but unlistenable.

Maintennant: Jaques Brel - Olympia '61
Live album from the très chic Belgian.

Markus Sauer said:
Was: Ideal, Der Ernst des Lebens
Is: Deep Purple, Made in Japan
Will be: nothing, I'm on music overload.
Markus, is this possible?

Currently spinning Echoes from (funnily enough) Echoes, mp3 ripped from my daughter's xmas pressie. I could have gone upstairs to get Meddle but, you know how it is on a Sunday evening...

In line with my usual habits, I am months behind pfm, but I am now enjoying Azzddine with Bill Laswell.

bor said:
Was : Lenoard Cohen - I'm Your Man
I didn't even know we had this, I certainly hadn't played it for years. Three tracks in and I realised why - Cohen's voice - superb, Cohen's lyrics - superb, female backing vocals (alternatively Andji and Warnes) utter shit. The backing vocals really ruined the sombre feel of this for me. Brilliant, but unlistenable.

I still like this album but have to try really hard to ignore Jennifer Warnes horrendous screeching. I can't believe they didn't edit it out.

Andy

I'll definitely try it again soon, Andy, if only out of curiosity. Maybe it's meant to be ironic ?

Neil Young - On the Beach (CD + LP)
Neil Young - Prairie Wind (CD)
Beastie Boys - The In Sound From Way Out (CD)

a great day with a 10K run, a half a pot of pot with some coffee, and i get to go bowling tonight :) .

corey

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back