advertisement

What are you listening to right now #7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From playlouder.com:

When the younger bits of PlayLouder were first getting into The Fall you'd be lucky to find 50 souls at their gigs -- now Mark E Smith's found himself so popular he's been asked to read the footy scores on BBC1. A longtime football fan and supporter of Manchester City, Smith will read the results on BBC One's Final Score television programme on Saturday, November 19th [now confirmed as the correct date -ed.].

A Fall spokesperson said that "the programme's producer's are obviously big fans of the famous left fielder."

The band's 'Theme From Sparta FC' has recently been used as the title music on television football coverage gubbins.

More stuff being 'interviewed' before being sold/kept:

Zoot Woman : Living in a magazine (now on ebay)
Kevin Yost : One starry night (now listed on amazon)
Pete Yorn : musicforthemorningafter (to be kept, now playing)

BBC Radio 2, Sounds of the Sixties. Every Saturday morning from 08:00 to 10:00. A great way to start the weekend (sounds like an advert!)

Paul ,Do you reckon those 2 guys with their Obscure requests this morning lost their bets ,you know the ones Brain Matthew had never even heard of !

Chaps

By popular demand from Swami Pete I hereby list my last 3 CD purchases. I usually buy vinyl but last week it has all been CD.

1. Sweet Revenge by Ryuichi Sakamoto

2. Heart Beat by Ryuichi Sakamoto

Both are semi Japanese classic and both are worth a spin. Very good detailed top end with loads of deep drums. Very catchy and enjoyable.

3. Coming Home Baby by Mel Torme.......brilliant voice and swinging tunes. Enough said, well worth buying.

Regards

Mick

Loose Windscreen - Devils & Dust. On double vinyl. An amazingly atmospheric production - but not too sure there are many great songs on it.

Cheers

Rich

PS Probably some Big Star next - they do good songs!

Indeed it is:-
Big Star - No. 1 Record. Must have been very strange hearing this in 1972. It doesn't seem to fit with anything else that was around at the time. The India Song is feckin' wonderful!

Cheers

Rich

....and then Radio City :D On Digitally Remastered vinyl (yeuch!) but doesn't actually sound too bad just have to keep turning the volume down - unusually for me!

Cheers

Rich

Velvet Underground - 3rd Album. On gorgeous blue vinyl. My favourite Velvets album. All time classic - haven't played it for years.

Cheers

Rich - having a big session!

WAS: Pavement -- Crooked Rain Crooked Rain, L.A.'s Desert Origins. 2 CD set of the original "outtakes" that's well worth getting if you're even a modest Pavement fan. CD 2 has a sort of doppleganger of the original LP; same songs, different arrangments and lyrics. Besides being almost as good as the original, it confirms one's suspicion that SM is making up all the lyrics on the fly.

IS: Black Mountain--s/t

WILL BE: Field Music -- s/t

Rich - you obviously have good taste but ditch those nasty remasters and try get hold of the Stax double reissue or if you really want to break the bank - the original Ardents.

By popular demand from Swami Pete I hereby list my last 3 CD purchases. I usually buy vinyl but last week it has all been CD.

1. Sweet Revenge by Ryuichi Sakamoto

2. Heart Beat by Ryuichi Sakamoto

May I recommend you this Mick?

Swami Pete said:
Rich - you obviously have good taste but ditch those nasty remasters and try get hold of the Stax double reissue or if you really want to break the bank - the original Ardents.

Will try to Pete - but bit skint at the mo having spent £200+ at Diverse and Vivante!

Cheers

Rich

Amerie - Touch - pretty good compared to the average "Rap" masquerading as "R&B"

Sheryl Crow - Wildflower (or Wallflower as some CD Database has just renamed it). I'd forgotten how good Ms Crow and her band can be. Must be Lance Armstrong's influence heh heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back