advertisement

What are you listening to right now #64

MDUtMjQwMi5qcGVn.jpeg

Label:Fiction Records – FIXCD31, Polydor – 543 123-2
Format:CD, Album, Reissue
Released:
Genre:Electronic, Rock
Style:Alternative Rock, New Wave

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
the B-Side misprinted as Quite Village on the back of my 7” is the bomb.
Sounds like the intro was sampled but I can’t place it (yet)

it also sounds like David Bowie ‘Fame’ was ripped off!

I'd never thought about that before. It does.

I prefer Les Baxter's original TBH.

I haven’t heard the album version although I will look out for the album as I like Schifrin’s work

2 Schifrin albums on c.d.

If you like Schifrin, they're OK. They are a bit 'discoey' in places (well it was 1976) and not the best CTI releases by a long chalk.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
@Seeker_UK
I did notice that it was a cover, but hadn’t looked into it - bizarrely I have no Les Baxter that I know of!
I also can’t recall ever seeing any of his albums in the donations for the charity that I support.

I like Disco!

I have a few Lalo Schifrin soundtracks that sit well with the David Shire soundtracks I have.

I will look out for Les Baxter albums, there seem to be a lot of releases so I will try a best of maybe before getting a load of c.d’s that I won’t listen to.

Just finished the latest Mojo compilation which is pretty average so upping the quality with Joni Mitchell Archives, Vol 3, Disc 3. It’s simply staggering.

advertisement

Back