advertisement

What are you listening to right now #64

bcd19f7f731c3c5897f4c6f211ad2b0a9d96e3b9.jpeg

Craven Faults "Thwaite Watermill" - a recording of his live performance last year. On first listen the tracks are slightly re-arranged from the studio versions, a necessary result of playing live modular I guess. It doesn't sound particularly live, there's no room ambience and he doesn't do banging hands in the air moments though the final track gets a good head-nod going. It's great, of course.

Is Mr Faults the greatest ever musician named after a geological feature in Yorkshire?

Sheryl Crow - Evolution. Decent pressing, been lucky this year so far with LPs, not had to return any for warps/excessive noise-clicks.

Sonny Rollins, Go West! The Contemporary Records Albums ( Streaming via Qobuz)

I'm trying to convince myself I don't need this after @Marchbanks post earlier today. I've already go a 80's Contemporary / Carerre edition of Way Out West which is more than good enough and that is clearly the strongest of the 3 records in the box.

71fFGaH3tdL._UF350,350_QL80_.jpg

Last edited:
I have been digging in my spare room and found a DJ mixed album that I got in 2000.
Years later, it turns out The Wife used to frequent the Boutique in Brighton !
killer mix with some less well known cuts.

word.

Midfield General – On The Floor At The Boutique​

Midfield General - On The Floor At The Boutique album cover
More images
Label:Skint – BRASSIC17CD
Series:On The Floor At The Boutique
Format:CD, Mixed
Released:8 May 2000
Genre:Electronic, Funk / Soul
Style:Acid House, Breaks, Hip Hop, Big Beat, Drum n Bass, Funk
Big Beat. There's a genre from the grave.

introduced by Russell Harty, no less.

Have had a bit of blind-spot towards her for some reason.
Got a few CDs on the way now.

but, might be of interest to anyone who's not seen it already: ... there's a blog out there where someone's put together the 'album' she should have released: dedicated to Bacharach / David toons.
hope it's ok to put a link:

advertisement

Back