advertisement

What are you listening to right now #64

New release from Amarok - Hope.

Not a band I have really listened to but really liked this. At the lighter end of my spectrum and probably classed as progressive rock or maybe art rock. The guitars have definite influences from Pink Floyd and Dire Straits and the vocals are all clean and pretty good. Lot of good melodies, an enjoyable listen.

Similar bands might be Anathema, Soen, Sermon and Wheel (new album out soon).

release_201701_606e24151d17cef8730d33524a595474ff206865.jpg

Ella Fitzgerald - ‘Let No Man Write My Epitaph’
Vinyl - AS Verve reissue.

grading for Headway Charity.

nice blues album, but this kind of thing does nothing for me - foot tappin’ and all that but I have no compulsion to hear it again. I have he same issue with Folk - great if live in a pub and there is ale on tap, but on the hifi… nope.

Chicken Shack – In The Can​

Chicken Shack - In The Can album cover
More images

Label:CBS – 31811
Format:Vinyl, LP, Compilation, Orange/Yellow Labels
Released:1980
Genre:Rock, Blues

Natacha Atlas - Diaspora record.

Got this from Leadenhall Market yonks ago. Guy selling 3 for a tenner, ifrc, all unplayed. The other was Red, white, blue, charity record, for Aids and one other which I cannot recall

I been having a reorganisation of my LP's 'cause of wifes "revamp". Finally go them into some semblance of order and discovered so many I hadn't listened to in years - and each one came with a story/memory which I related ad nauseum to she who must be obeyed :) As a result I've spent the day listening to some real classics (IMHO) at the moment it's Joe Jackson Body and Soul, just awesome - time for a refill.

advertisement

Back