advertisement

What are you listening to right now #64

IMG-0034.jpg

Jackie McLean & John Jenkins “Alto Madness”
Mono 1957 Amazon HD stream to headphones

Walter Davis Jr. – Davis Cup. 1989 Japanese reissue.

His only date as leader for Blue Note and his only date as leader until the late 70s. Jackie McLean is instantly recognisable as you'd expect.

MC0yMTA4LmpwZWc.jpeg
Paul,
This one you have is a recording with Jackie McLean I have wanted. I missed out twice on a Japanese copy I found in the UK at a reasonable price. It’s a great band. a pity it made only one recording for Blue Note. I was hoping BN Classic or Tone Poet would reissue this one.
streaming it now on Amazon HD to headphones.

Paul,
This one you have is a recording with Jackie McLean I have wanted. I missed out twice on a Japanese copy I found in the UK at a reasonable price. I was hoping BN Classic or Tone Poet would reissue this one.
streaming it now on Amazon HD to headphones.
Looking on Discogs I was amazed at how infrequently it's been reissued on vinyl outside of Japan - only twice that I can see since 1959. Perhaps because Walter Davis isn't so well known as some other Blue Note artists. I agree - it would be a great candidate for a BN Classic or Tone Poet.

This morning I'll be enjoying Mr Waters' "The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking"

Years since I've listened to it...Best bit is that I can sing along to it :)

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours, well it’s actually rather good, who knew? Now onto Cymande - Cymande which I can’t stop playing.

advertisement

Back