advertisement

What are you listening to right now #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started fighting through this from my favourite period of Fripp's career ("Red"-era King Crimson is a close second).

791414_852x415.jpg

Initial thoughts after a random dipping into the CDs:

The League of Gentlemen live recordings are fantastic; all the drive and power of the studio versions but with Fripp giving it rice with some really intense soloing (very much like he was doing on "Scary Monsters" but more so). Listen to track 2 on this to get an idea :cool:

I think there's too many versions of "Exposure" - some could have been sacked off to make room for more of the solo performances (see next point).
I need a blu ray player to access all of the Frippertronics performances.
Steve bloody Wilson's has decided with the remix of the League of Gentlemen album to remove all of the "Indiscreet" tracks, so you still can't have a digital version of the vinyl release. :mad: Mind you he bolloxed up the mix of "Ricochet" as well, so no surprises, really. :rolleyes::mad:

Tomorrow I shall test out some of the 5.1 mixes in the car.

[Edit]

The booklet perpetuates the story that the argument heard in "NY3" (the non-Daryl Hall version) is a real recording made by RF in his apartment in New York. It still sounds like Peter Hammill to me.

Sipping a monkey 47 and fevertree whilst listening to the iPod/zeppelin combo throwing out such diversity as ‘Respigi, The Red hot Chili Peppers, Robin Trower, Jamiroquai, Deep Purple, David Bowie to name but a few!

What, clear out??? All the Gato albums from this period - the Impulse & Flying Dutchman - are so underrated and available for not a lot of money. Just great music totally ignored by the 'spiritual jazz' collectors but it is spiritual stuff of the highest order.

This was headed for the clear out pile but gave it another spin and I'm really enjoying it! Congas and a Fender Rhodes - can't go too far wrong :)

Ni0yMTExLmpwZWc.jpeg

What, clear out??? All the Gato albums from this period - the Impulse & Flying Dutchman - are so underrated and available for not a lot of money. Just great music totally ignored by the 'spiritual jazz' collectors but it is spiritual stuff of the highest order.

I flip flop between really liking his stuff from this period and going right off it. Not sure why. I think I still have Chapter One somewhere - a really atmospheric recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back