advertisement

What are you listening to right now #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
A vintage Ahmad Jamal to start the day (happens quite a lot)
Screenshot-2022-06-17-at-08-42-08.png

France Musique la Jazz (as usual.) Mingus night - hooray! Nothing else need be said. Oh, if you insist... we’ve just had ‘Solo Dancer’, now we are on to one of his gospel-shouting rave ups. If I could work out how to read iPeng and type here simultaneously I could tell you which one it is.

Edit: I did the job in series rather than parallel. It’s ‘E’s Flat, Ah’s Flat Too’. But too late, we’ve already moved on to ‘Backward Country Boy Blues.’ Blimey, what a bass player he was, besides all the other things... I think he’s probably my number one musical hero - and if I’d ever been given the chance to meet him I would have run a mile in the opposite direction.

Last edited:
Aka Charles Tolliver And His All Stars. 1975 Freedom Arista reissue. A rare example of the artwork for the Freedom Arista series being an improvement on the slightly goofy original. Was reissued by Pure Pleasure a couple of years ago (who also ditched the original artwork) but this will do for me.

LTcxODAuanBlZw.jpeg

A fantastic group but Ron Carter especially shines - listen to him take the spotlight from about 6:30..

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back