advertisement

What are you listening to right now #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fripp’s Exposure and Hall’s Sacred Songs are inextricably linked. The latter was recorded as a collaboration under Hall’s name in ‘77 and RCA refused to put it out. Some of the compositions later found their way on to Exposure, on which Hall was intended to provide all the lead vocals, RCA then insisted that Hall’s contributions to Exposure be rolled back as well - these eventually saw the light of day on a re-release of Exposure. Such was the price of being a cash cow in the golden days of the record industry.

Yeah, it was part one of a 'trilogy': Sacred Songs, PG2 ('Scratch') and Exposure. Apparently, RCA thought associating with Fripp would be tantamount to commercial suicide, hence its delay and very low key issue when it finally came out in '80.

I got the 2CD of "Exposure" when it came out but having been so used to Hammill singing on some tracks, the original versions with Hall, sound a bit weird. As an aside, the track "NY3" is supposed to be a recording of neighbours having an argument but I've been convinced since I first heard it, it was Hammill and Terre Roche.

ZWc.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back