advertisement

What are you listening to right now #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
R-2752270-1299434825.jpeg.jpg

Mono Vinyl, 1990 reissue.

Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Barn - just drove through Glenshee ( Highlands road between Perth and Braemar) with NY on the car cd. Much less electric guitar than I was expecting ( or indeed hoping for)!

Nevertheless a good soundtrack to the scenery!

10cc – How Dare You!
Label: Mercury – 9102 501
Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo, Gatefold
Released: 1975
Genre: Rock, Pop
Style: Art Rock, Pop Rock, Prog Rock

IMG_20220110_173943.jpg

mmm…
lovely.
Worth it for the sleeve alone.

The Divine Comedy paid homage to the work of Hiphnosis very well on Office Politics I thought.
Interesting to compare the two.

blurgh, manky production overruled the Metallica :(

I have a soft spot for the manky MOP production. My memory of it is shaped by repeated listening as a teenager on a crappy sounding Toshiba walkman. When I got a Pioneer stack system a few years later it was a revelation how good it sounded by comparison!

I have a soft spot for the manky MOP production. My memory of it is shaped by repeated listening as a teenager on a crappy sounding Toshiba walkman. When I got a Pioneer stack system a few years later it was a revelation how good it sounded by comparison!

The vinyl I have (Metallica) sounds better than the c.d. but not by much. Definitely sounded better recorded from vinyl onto tape then played on a boombox circa 1986 with many a Kestrel Super Strength and barley wine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back