advertisement

What are you listening to right now #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pink Floyd - Obscured by Clouds. (Apple music stream 16/44.1)
I’ve possibly not listened to this for…30 years? I’m really enjoying it though.

Played this earlier today but it's shot.I really need a new copy of this...Original Harvest first pressing but it's really worn out.. still love this record though. Especially that deep synth sound and the utterly effortless but powerful and well tuned drumming

just had to keep up the trend
Pink Floyd - Obscured by Clouds, vinyl LP12 Selekt dsm Katalyst. Now playing

Strange that this bunch aren't better known, fine R&B - Guitar and harmonica to match/beat far more famous bands, saw them live at a small venue back in the early eighties absolutely brilliant :)
My claim to fame; I taught both the daughter and granddaughter of the vocalist, Toni Vines, who was still performing up to about three years ago.

edit: found this

R-617468-1325478658.jpeg.jpg

The Rose of Avalanche - First Avalanche.
Compilation.
LP.
Leeds Independent Label - 1985

After 9pm until shuteye I’m streaming into headphones for domestic reasons. I like the quality and random selection of the likes of ParadiseWorld/Naim&Linn Jazz. Linn tonight. More traditional fare than Naim which is my go to. World Paradise is a great antidote if the jazz gets too much up itself :)

I know not everyone likes Bud's later recordings but I find lots to enjoy in them. Though I don't think I've heard a Bud Powell record I didn't like. It would be too much to say he's forgotten but for such a monumentally important musician he does feel a bit neglected these days.

The sleeve notes are a bit vague but I'm guessing this is from Birdland (Jazzdisco has the date September 18, 1964) from where a few other recordings from the same period have been issued - pretty much his last recorded work.

R-10157199-1593366873-6791.jpeg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back