advertisement

What are you listening to right now #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
This soundtrack from the 1983 biopic of Edith Piaf by Claude Lelouch. It claims on the front 'original music by Francis Lai'...but of the 30 songs and one long medley only five are by Lai; four of them are co-written with Charles Aznavour and one with the film director. Charles Aznavour actually has more credits on the album!

I got this double album in a box lot with two dozen other albums for €6. Looks like it's never been played.

R-2277219-1284103070.jpeg.jpg

Reactions: MVJ
Ceramic Dog - Party Intellectuals. Their demolition job on the Doors’ Break On Through is literally breath-taking. Obviously Marc is a staggering musician, but in addition Ches Smith is a monster drummer.

I’m sure I’ve posted this before, but I think it was in the wine thread so it’s not really repetition as such. That’s my excuse, anyway.

Was 'Bent Arcana' and now 'Moon Drenched' by Ryan Sawyer, Peter Kerlin, Kyp Malone, Brad Caulkins, Tom Dolas, Marcos Rodriguez, Laena “Geronimo” Myers-Ionita, Joce Soubiran, Andres Renteria and John Dwyer.

Cosmic freakout music made by underground Jazz Heads and a garage punk motorik freak. It's the schnizzle. Wish I still smoked pot. Think Neu/Electric Masada/70's Miles.

Last edited:
Ceramic Dog - Party Intellectuals. Their demolition job on the Doors’ Break On Through is literally breath-taking. Obviously Marc is a staggering musician, but in addition Ches Smith is a monster drummer.

I’m sure I’ve posted this before, but I think it was in the wine thread so it’s not really repetition as such. That’s my excuse, anyway.

Brilliant cover. I feel like I've been listening to that album for years, but it only came out in 2008.

MICHAEL JANISCH - Worlds Collide.

Invigorating stuff - wish I was still in the world where I went to Ronnies (his band have an upcoming gig there).

Double Vinyl....

613wMB1EWML._AC_SX679_.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
IMG-0054.jpg

Vinyl. This version is the original US 1981 2xLP's stereo reissue. Record 1 is The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady and record 2 is Mingus, Mingus, Mingus (stereo - see above) plus there are 4 short Mingus solo piano pieces on the two LP's. Sounds excellent. I have had it since 81, but it can still be found quite cheaply for those who don't want to payout for the two AS Verve reissues that are due.

On CD.....
81eWBJ58t0L._AC_SX679_.jpg

I saw them twice around that time and they put on an amazing show. I think I had about a dozen remixes of Emerge at one point...

Still waiting for the electroclash revival! :)

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Reactions: MVJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back