advertisement

What are you listening to right now #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
The The ‘Infected’. Keeps turning up here an there so had a listen. Not my sort of music but it’s quality stuff for sure.

Albion Band - Rise Up Like The Sun

Purchased yonks ago for one track, Poor Old Horse, which I remember from John Peel days in the 70s. Pleasantly surprised by the whole album.
English to their roots and folk rock cred.

I did the same for the same reason and still have the vinyl. Must dig it out for a listen!

I love the music in Bullitt (I love the movie too!). It's a bit annoying (to me) that they didn't release the actual soundtrack. This release by Film Score Monthly seems to be the most complete but it's a bit obscure.

https://www.discogs.com/Lalo-Schifrin-Bullitt/release/5316143

I had ordered the c.d. from Discogs - the Seller replied to say that ‘order cancelled, item not in stock…’ Bum.
Trying Ebay now, this copy should be sealed, coming from Germany.

R-10835718-1505079180-3917.jpeg.jpg

Autechre ‎– Chiastic Slide
Label: Warp Records ‎– WARPCDD49
Format: 9 × File, FLAC, Album, Reissue
Genre: Electronic
Style: Abstract, IDM, Downtempo, Experimental

This was always an interesting album for me because in the US in the 90s it was a sort of "lost album", which didn't have Stateside distribution unlike the previous albums (Wax Trax!) or following albums (Nothing and then Warp US). So it took me a long time to get my hands on it, probably somewhere around Confield era. In that way it took a long time to connect to it, if that makes any sense. Strangely enough, I was able to get a copy of the Envane ep around the time that it came out (who knew that the famous Gramophone Records in Chicago might carry such a thing, on CD no less...I also ended up with it on vinyl but I have memory of when or how...heh). That said, Cichli Suite also took a while for me to acquire.

R-10835718-1505079180-3917.jpeg.jpg

Autechre ‎– Chiastic Slide
Label: Warp Records ‎– WARPCDD49
Format: 9 × File, FLAC, Album, Reissue
Genre: Electronic
Style: Abstract, IDM, Downtempo, Experimental

This was always an interesting album for me because in the US in the 90s it was a sort of "lost album", which didn't have Stateside distribution unlike the previous albums (Wax Trax!) or following albums (Nothing and then Warp US). So it took me a long time to get my hands on it, probably somewhere around Confield era. In that way it took a long time to connect to it, if that makes any sense. Strangely enough, I was able to get a copy of the Envane ep around the time that it came out (who knew that the famous Gramophone Records in Chicago might carry such a thing, on CD no less...I also ended up with it on vinyl but I have memory of when or how...heh). That said, Cichli Suite also took a while for me to acquire.

The record that marks when they started to get really good I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back