advertisement

What are you listening to right now #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
R-1229235-1202266454.jpeg.jpg

One of my daughters bought me AKA Trio - Joy, for Father's day. What a beautiful album and a great sounding CD too!

Charles Mingus - Cornell 1964. I finally own this on CD after listening to a downloaded copy for a few years. I’m now checking CD1 having had to attack it with rubbing compound to get it to play back properly (it was ‘preloved.’)

But I digress. I know I’m repeating myself but this is the greatest live album ever recorded. If you don’t believe me, I challenge you to tell me I’m wrong once you’ve listened to it all the way through.

Nonsense, yer old, but not old enough to have heard every live recording. But, on the basis of if the whole band got sick on a dodgy shared meal it would be easier to get stand-ins for a Ramones concert than the Mingus sextet….. By a considerable margin.

Miles Davis - Pangaea. Recently arrived CD. I know it’ll get me drummed out of the Brownies, but I don’t imagine I’ll be listening to it again anytime soon. Not actively unpleasant, just bof.

Paul Motian Trio - Time And Time Again. Another recently arrived CD, but a much better one. Why does seemingly every ECM CD have four seconds of silence at the beginning, though? It’s just long enough for me to think I’ve got one in the long series of buttons and switches in the wrong place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back