advertisement

What are you listening to right now #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ‘discovered’ Eamonn McCormack. Enjoying his stuff….never heard of him before.

Yes, I suspect I have been living under a stone.

There was a long chunk of the 90’s and early 21st century I lost due to excessive work (and some pauperdom too for a while).

Is that a vinyl release of "A Gain" or something different?
It’s based on A Gain, a few different tracks and versions. Well worth picking up, it has a nice flow to it.
The silkscreen artwork is very nice as well but the picture doesn’t do the detail justice unfortunately.

MI0001589190.jpg

Vinyl. Music Matters 2x45rpm reissue.

Working my way through this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08DBHCYXJ/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

I've had it a while, but played the live CD only for ages. However, going through this in reverse (from 1974 to 1969) is really interesting. They were obviously running out of ideas by "Heroes are Hard to Find", but each album has at least a couple of outstanding FW tunes on them.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Was - Steely Dan - Everything Must Go - RSD vinyl - excellent sound and songs
Is- Elvis Costello and the Attractions - Trust - vinyl from 1981 - haven't listened to this for ages - quite trebly vocal presentation - although EC was probably at his nasal peak here !

Joan Armatrading, remastered c.d. of her eponymous album. Nice.

Dolly Parton - ‘The Grass Is Blue’ c.d. - I do not like this, but The Wife likes it. Love her old stuff, but this has too much fiddle activity.

Now listening to George Michael - Older 1996 c.d.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000024LCW/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

I wish his voice hadn’t been given that hint of reverb, doesn’t help with his propensity towards sibilance. I still love the album, for several reasons.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back