advertisement

What are you listening to right now #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
808 State - 90

Working from home for the foreseeable, so thought I would see how far I could get through my CD collection in 0-9 A-Z order whilst the Corvid pandemic is ongoing.

WARNING: don't do this with records, you won't be as productive ;-) We need efficiency right now!

Last edited:
An almost traffic-less city.

With the anti-coved-19 measures, Lyon is nearly as quiet as the Shropshire hamlet my grandparents used to live in.

Fear of a Blank Planet - Porcupine Tree. 140gm black vinyl. Hmm.

Recent convert to this band. Not as good a pressing as the 2018 In Absentia (which is an utterly phenomenal record) or Deadwing (which has it's moments) Sounds a bit shut in and compressed comparatively.

Got the clear vinyl Nil Recurring coming tomorrow.

High hopes.

Actually, after playing Fear of a Blank Planet , there was this Mellotron thing going on that reminded me of something... Was - No Quarter - Houses of the Holy. So I put that on (original release A4 Dutch pressing) and it just blew me away.
Steven Wilsons mastering ability might be OK but seriously that track alone made him look like a bit of an amateur in comparison.

Dillards-live-almost-cover.jpg

An ex/ex UK A2/B1 press on orange elektra from 1968 I picked up for £4.50 from a local S/H record shop that was closing down. One of the best sounding bits of vinyl I have ever heard. Amazingly fresh progressive Bluegrass with great between song chat, for those that don't know them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back