advertisement

What are you listening to right now #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice choice. I saw them in clubs in Southsea (!) and Birmingham supporting this. Superb concerts. 1994 as I recall. Michael Franti wearing cricket whites including jumper. Bought the only vinyl copy I could find, but Portsmouth was not known for its record stores at the time so it could be a common release for all I knew.
Martin,
I had never heard of them or Michael until my daughter and her friend were playing it loud in her bedroom in the late 90s.
I borrowed the CD when they went out and was hooked.
I've bought everything Michael Franti related from that day.

I've just finished listening to this excellent LP.
51Q%2BMwV67GL.jpg

Paul Weller & The Stone Foundation ( Ft Krar Collective) - Mother Ethiopia Pt 3 (No Tribe No Colour)

Martin,
I had never heard of them or Michael until my daughter and her friend were playing it loud in her bedroom in the late 90s.
I borrowed the CD when they went out and was hooked.
I've bought everything Michael Franti related from that day.

The lady has taste! Any recommendations? I lost track at a Chocolate Supa-Highway.

Anyway, Thee Oh-Sees' A Weird Exits. Sounding splendid and neighbour unfriendly on vinyl via active DBLs.

Madison Ward and the Mama Bear - Skeleton Crew

Enjoyable lp is this, nice natural under produced recording IMO.

Panic Room - Essence

Their "unplugged" album but still really good (IMHO of course :p).
Good to see such talent coming out of Swansea - not exactly known as a musical hub (no Welsh rants please).
Only discovered this excellent band recently here on PFM so total respect to the good folk who pointed me in their direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back