advertisement

What are you listening to right now #5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kasabian - Kasabian. Just had this on in the car.

Definite car music - just asks to be played loud!

Blow Monkeys – She Was Only A Grocer's Daughter

Sounds just like it did almost 20 years ago, which is probably the last time I put it on.

sideshowbob said:
Dean, you are a top man.

Lennie Tristano, a couple of CD-Rs of unidentified live stuff, mostly fantastic.

-- Ian

Lennie Tristano hurts my head, trying to keep up with what he's doing. Probably waaaaay ahead of his time; likely ahead of our time, too.

I have a fascinating snippet of video footage of him from about 1960-ish, playing in a club somewhere, and he's totally lost in the keys. The other members of his quartet are all in their own worlds, doing their own things; sax player (it's a tenor, so not Konitz I guess) seems to be tuning, drummer is apparently fighting a seizure of some sort, and the bass player just looks angry as hell at his bass. The few people in the crowd who are paying any attention at all are mostly shaking their heads or whispering and giggling. Quite surreal.

Hi,

Wah - The way we Wah! ( a package of their most common stuff)

which was followed by

The Brothers Johnson - Light up the night (features Stomp!)

which was followed by

Cissy Houston - Cissy Houston (Under rated singer)

Which was followed by

The Players Association -Turn the music up (some very fine disco moments )

Dean

Hi

Digging deep with

The Rock & Roll Stars Vol2 - Various Artists including Chris kenner, Wilbert Harrison, Jimmy Charles, Gene Chandler, The Olympics etc.

Getting on down to

The World of hits - Various Artists on the decca label. IIncludes Them, Billie Davis, Los Bravos, The Zombies, Small Faces, Procol Harum and Cat Stevens.

Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back