advertisement

What are you listening to right now #5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmite

tea jenny
Mary Chain - Psychocandy. There's just no cheering me up today.

Being off the ciggies for a week may be a causal factor.

Kev.

Next up - Durutti Column, The Guitar And Other Machines. Some nice noises but doesn't really do anything for me on first listen. Some deep bass through me lickle Royds though :D

Rich

Was: McDonald & Giles - McDonald & Giles. If you like the melodic side of very early King Crimson then you'll probably love this. The CD remaster has come up a treat.

Is: Erik's Sufjan Stevens live links. Why is this sort of thing called lo-fi? It's just simple is all.

Marcel Peres / Ensemble Organum - Messe de Tournai

Boris Vian 1957
Louis Malle, Boris Vian and Miles Davis. Those were the days <sigh>

I just removed about 30 CD's from my collection for selling.

These are on deck for listening, as I don't recall anything about them:

Crooked Fingers- S/T
Circulatory System- S/T
Goldfrapp- Felt Mountain
Summer Hymns- Voice Brother and Sister

Roland Kirk- The Inflated Tear

Excellent soulful jazz sounds recommended by my man SSB. This one has a definite time and place stamped on it, in my mind. Helped on by cerveza Tecate (practicing for Mexico next week).

Originally posted by ErikL
Helped on by cerveza Tecate (practicing for Mexico next week).
This may also be of some use :)

Inflated Tear is indeed excellent. SSB "forced" me to get a copy when he was over. Well worth the menaces.

NP Horace Silver Senor Blues while I do an informal <cough>hifi test</splutter>

Neville Brothers - Yellow Moon Soulful and funky and sounding tres bien on what has to be the thinnest pressing I own. Interesting production, to say the least.

Chaps

I have just bought an absolutely mint LP of The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd.

Two points

The music is really rather good and 1970's vinyl is also worth chasing.

Well above average.

Regards

Mick

Hi

Been listening to

The Jam - The Peel Sessions
Monty Python - Live at Drury Lane.
The Tymes - Trustmaker
The Shanagaans - Jungle Drums

Next up Spacemen 3 - Performance.

Dean

Mick - welcome to the music room!

Blowfish - at last someone else who has that Miles Davis cd. Loads of people haven't even heard of it, yet it's great.

Now playing : Sasha - Fundacion

Originally posted by alexgerrard

Blowfish - at last someone else who has that Miles Davis cd. Loads of people haven't even heard of it, yet it's great.
I suppose having it on LP doesn't count (purchased FNAC Les Halles circa 1984) :)
NP Brel 2

Originally posted by alexgerrard
???? Wossallthatthen ?????

Funk mix, but not so much turntablism as Brainfreeze. Got it from a torrent forum. Haven't managed to find out any details yet. Maybe it's a prerelease (common on the forum). PM if you want me to hook you up.

This sound track had been on my wants list for years and I came close to buying an audiophool vinyl version not so long ago. I checked it out on the useful amazon and found extra bonus tracks available on the cd. Checking these out revealed they were far superior (to my ears) with a preferable close miked studio sound rather than the originals that sounded horrible (tme) with that added Parisian soundscape. Disappointed.

dave

I see I should have added a smilie. Anyway, Soft Machine is indeed excellent . I recently listened to III again - still very listenable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back