advertisement

What are you listening to right now # 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't like to rush things so I recently bought Beck's Odelay. Some excellent tracks and a rare fusion of styles/influences. Very good in parts and must have been something of a grounbreaker on it's release. Just been blasting through some 80's soul, classic tracks from the party years. Great fun. The Shins are on top of the CD's as is Ryan Adams 'Love is hell'. New Order playing London in May I see....may have to join all the other sad 45 year old fans...

Steve Mason: Boys Outside.

Am I Just a Man is a fabulous song.
[youtube]LdSxIuk0hTI&ob[/youtube]

mozart - (coronation) mass in c maj. dg, herb. von k. recorded in the sistine chapel, where the reverb was so pronounced they had to reduce the tempo - it makes for a superb sound though :)

Mike Oldfield, Ommadawn pt 1, Alan Freeman, album chart rundown, January 1977, mp3 dl from the Mooo server, wallowing, nay immersing myself in nostalgia...

Rocketnumbernine - Lone Raver EP

[YOUTUBE]TCAF_dx28YQ&f[/YOUTUBE]

Reckon I'll sort tickets to see them in April.

Warm Digits - Keep Warm With the Warm Digits, ahead of seeing them tonight (with Weatherall and Optimo DJing - now that's what I call a night out).

Was: Tango in the Night - Fleetwood Mac

Is : Old Ideas - Leonard Cohen

I'll give Broken English a bash next, ages since I last played it. :D

The Go-Betweens/Spring Hill Fair (LP - 1984). There is a song on here called Part Company which makes me physically ache it is so beautiful.

Burial / Whatever the new one is called. All the reviews I've read have championed it, but aside from some technical advances I'm not hearing much new here. Good but not outstanding based on two listens.

Burial / Whatever the new one is called. All the reviews I've read have championed it, but aside from some technical advances I'm not hearing much new here. Good but not outstanding based on two listens.

Thanks, I nearly ordered that earlier but went for the new Caretaker CD instead. Just to get my free Boomkat delivery, you understand. :)
I reckon Burial was a bit of a one album wonder.

Basic Channel: Octaedre (yes, at -8).

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back