advertisement

What are you listening to right now # 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Brian Jacket Letdown - Darling Bit Me

Last edited by a moderator:
Guey,

Sorry I missed your show, just tuning in now. So how does this work with djs from all over the world? The transition from Vancouver to Bristol was a bit abrupt to say the least!

Dan

Now:

The Durutti Column - The Guitar and Other Machines

Next:

Robyn Hitchcock - I Often Dream of Trains

I had to listen to Chad and Jeremy's Of Cabbages and Kings last week. After three attempts I finally got through to side two and listened to it all the way to the end. I was so scarred by the experience that I had to find copies of Lou Reed's late 70s works, Street Hassle and The Bells and listen to those for the last few days.

I've always avoided Lou Reed after my favourites MMM and Coney Island Baby. But I thought I'd try those two and see if there was really a reason why. Each has a few moments but I then remembered that they stood for the start of his era of self-hate and general mean-spirited arsiness. Still, of the two, the jazzy inflected The Bells is the one I can listen to the most. Seems a bit more relaxed, playful and, dare i say, warm. But I think those 10 minute musical-literary pieces could have even given Genesis a run for their money!

Anyway even bad Lou Reed is deffo a cure for the truly excruciatingly posh Chad and Jeremy. I haven't heard anything so completely mis-judged as their Progress Suite, since I first heard Tim Hodgkinson's Living In The Heart of the Beast on the Cow's third prog-rock album In Praise of Learning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back