advertisement

What are you listening to right now # 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fountains of Wayne: Playing Utopia park an awful lot..

Think this is pretty good for live too

Last edited by a moderator:
Nirvana: In Utero. I wonder if he'd been listening to Dr. Feelgood when he wrote Very Ape.
Perhaps not.

Listening to Jamie Lidells' "Compass". Repeated play receives an initially unexpected reward!

He Loved Him Madly - from the On the Corner box. One of Miles' most stoned sounding explorations.

Corrected for pedantry ;)
One of my favourite ever Miles tracks - have you heard the Laswell re-edit of it?

Just finished Verve Remixed Volume 2, which has some very nice reworks
Now onto Electric Minds Tribute To Arthur Russell

Just finished Underworld vs The Misterons Athens mix (gotta love a mix that includes early Roxy, Alice Coltrane and Carl Craig)
Now onto Actress - Splazsh

Thank god I've got some music on - this is sooo not the week to be decorating the hallway.

Was: Jeff Buckley - Live at Sin-é
Is: Papa M - Hole of Burning Alms
Will be: Mogwai - Rock Action

Siriusmo - Mosaik. Nicely wonky, but nothing that screams "PARTY!" like All The Girls did.
Still, it's helping me through the sanding down of doorframes.

Brian Eno, Roger Eno and Daniel Lanois - Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks

Thanks to Bob McC :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My Deluxe Editions of the first three Kinks albums (on CD) arrived from Amazon this morning, so I've been listening to them, in chronological order - "Kinks", "Kinda Kinks" and "The Kink Kontroversy". All are improved remasterings compared to previous versions, but "Kinda Kinks" is the sonic standout of the three.

J.B. Lenoir - Alabama Blues. LP from the final recording session of this criminally neglected blues artist.

I'm having a Flaming Lips marathon (Hit to Death, Transmissions, Clouds) and trying to decide whether not I need to shell out on the Heady Nuggs box set. The original 1990s Warner Bros CDs sound pretty good TBH so maybe I won't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back