advertisement

What are you listening to right now # 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new Van der Graaf Generator album, A Grounding in Numbers. A curate's egg, but overall oil give it foive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eyeless in Gaza, Photographs as Memories. The second best album ever made after Coltrane's Interstellar Space, and that's a true fact.

The Pains of Being Pure At Heart - Belong. Matthew beat me to it so here is last year's achingly gorgeous 7"

What with this lot, Wild Nothing, Best Coast, Yuck, Dum Dum Girls, No Age, etc, these are indeed happy times for those of us who wish we were whey-faced skinny indie kids once again, instead of greying/balding blokes who buy their jeans at Asdas.

I'm off to build a time machine :) Who's coming? (I can drop RickyC6 off a bit earlier in 1981).

If you render MS Paint as PCM audio you get something that sounds like it came off a Wire cover CD :)

They are awesome aren't thet Marmite? There is also something wonderful about archly hip NYC twentysomethings pretending they were in the Shop Assistants

David Bowie - Toy

Apparently it's 2000 reworks of early material (nice version of London Boys on it), sat on by his record label.

Scuba / Triangulation (3LP). Loses its momentum a bit in the second half but the first side in particular has some awesome bass terror on it. Making the most of the Tannoys while I can.

AC/DC- Back In Black and Black Sabbath- Paranoid.

Getting ready for the hockey playoffs/Don Cherry/CBC. Go Rangers and Canucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back