advertisement

What are you listening to right now #16?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ho Ho... Actually don't make me laugh. I almost didn't bother with the harness (they often get in the way).

Mostly a sort of x-shaped bruise in the abdomen and a sacroiliac sprain where the webbing got me -- and a bruise on my neck where I smacked into the scaffold. Utterly pathetic. I'll just lie in bed and pester everyone on HiFi forums today...

Still on Radio 3: Bartok: Dance Suites rather odd and uncommon to me. Nice.

Yet even more classical on Radio 3: Seeme to be an Orchestra Of the Age Of Enightenment evening. Too stiff to get out of bed to change the frigging channel. I have Had 12 solid hours of this. Bark Bark!

Nurse! More sympathy!

The Nightingales, Out of True. Their first LP for 20 years, and as good as they ever were. I went to see them play last week, not a scintilla of nostalgic sentimentality, but lots of great new songs. One of my favourite groups ever, still mighty.

-- Ian

A bunch of 12" singles including Saint Etienne, Boo Radleys, Fatima Mansions and The Clash. Cool!

Cheers

Rich

Yet even more classical on Radio 3: Seeme to be an Orchestra Of the Age Of Enightenment evening. Too stiff to get out of bed to change the frigging channel. I have Had 12 solid hours of this. Bark Bark!

Nurse! More sympathy!

You think that's bad? Because the dinner was at a crucial stage in its preparation and I couldn't re-tune or switch off the radio, I had to listen to seven whole minutes of the Archers. Bloody inbred bumpkins, they want lining up against a wall and shooting.

Also was: 'Black Monk Time' - I still know the words. I think I'll do myself an injury dancing to this on Thursday. Lucky I'm working from Home Friday.

Cecil Taylor Unit, Winged Serpent and The Eighth

Having mined the rich FMP vein for the last few months, I've gone back a few years. These date from the early 80's (although The Eighth, a concert recording from 1981 was only released earlier this year on hatHUT).

Two more great ones, and they point the way to the magnificence of the FMP discography.

"Jesus Built my Hot Rod" by Ministry heard it (incredibly) on Radio 2 last night driving home from watching the mighty, mighty Potters stuff the thugish Sunderland.

Currently clicking "BUY" on the Pumajaw site after having a good listen through the tracks on this page. (Note, they run radio-like, rather than being able to select different ones - the samples are not on the label site now.)

Wondrous singing by Pinkie Maclure, and ethereal sounds described as "folkadelica". I think Nick may have recommended them? Y'all have a listen anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back