advertisement

What are you listening to right now #16?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rock n Roll isnt yet dead, yet!
Listen to this frequently at loud volume.
Gets better every time.
The Vinyl is a waste due to recording process, always CD for this album.
Can't wait to get new one.
Thanks
John

Arzachel CD arrived this morning.

Surprisingly accessible and conventional for, what is essentially, early Egg - but with loads of Steve Hillage playing bluesy.

Nice addition to my Canterbury stuff.

Brigitte Fontaine & the Art Ensemble of Chicago - Comme a la Radio

I think this may have replaced 'Histoire de Melodie Nelson' as my favourite French Language record. For info: The AEC are rather like Sun Ra with a dose of funk. Great live, too.

Brigitte Fontaine & the Art Ensemble of Chicago - Comme a la Radio
That is a great album. Even better, though, are two tracks recorded by Alfred Panou with AOC for Saravah: "Je suis un sauvage" and "le moral necessaire". French proto-rap and scary good. Well worth tracking down.
Gainsbarre is grossly overrated IMHO.

Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus
Madeline Peyroux - Careless Love
Archie Shepp - Four for Trane

all purchased at Virgin Megastore last night whilst waiting for the Son and his Girlfriend to return from seeing Lacuna Coil...Goth'mongous!

Paul

Martin Stephenson - Beyond The Leap Beyond The Law (cassette). Stuck this on to test out the tape input of my new amp and spent the next hour completely engrossed. Probably his finest work - up there with anyone you care to mention.

Cheers

Rich

This

68530772.jpg

Turned up in the letterbox this morning, and very good it is too. While not really a search for the origin of the blues, it is a very nice double sampler of West African acoustic music from the early 70s. The cover is totally fab, which doesn't hurt.

Also been listening to some fine examples of Korean avantguarde music today ;)

68530773.jpg

Sounds that go <<<plinque>>> in the night.

Nancy Sinatra - "Boots"

They don't write liner notes like these anymore:

Nancy Sinatra
Sings the Facts of Love
THESE BOOTS ARE MADE FOR WALKING
And Other Lessons of Love
"How should I sing this?"
"Like a 16 year old girl who's been dating a 40 year old man,
but it's all over now."

Tiers Monde Cooperation - Nouvelle Formule featuring Sam Mangwana From 1983 so already well into the anti-choc era, but a great defiantly brassy blast from the irrepressible Sam Mangwana.

Curtis Amy - Way Down Curtis Amy is a seriously underrated tenor sax player IMHO. Another great album on Pacific Jazz (courtesy of Toshiba-EMI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back