advertisement

What are you listening to right now #16?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabon/Myéné Songs: From Port-Gentil to Lambaréné (CD on the Ocora/Radio France label).

Was: Peter Gabriel, So. Not heard in yonks, but I still quite like some of it.

Is: Dexter Gordon, Go. On Japanese Blue Note. Who needs coffee when they can listen to that.

Gabon/Myéné Songs: From Port-Gentil to Lambaréné (CD on the Ocora/Radio France label).
Fabulous album.
Now playing: In praise of Oxala and other gods: black music from South America. An amazing, eye-opening record IMHO. Indispensible in fact.

Been playing a few albums this afternoon.

Mono / World's End Girlfriend - Palmless Prayer / Mass Murder Refrain
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing (I am really taken with Arriving Somewhere... at the moment)
Boris Kovac and the Ladaaba Orchestra - The Last Balkan Tango: An Apocalyptic Dance Party

As this is such a great album, I thought I would quote this intro to a review:

Kovac says "Just imagine there is only one starry night left til the end of the world... what would we do?" Hailing from Serbia, Kovac knows something about apocalypse, and his dark, threatening yet often humorous music is the stuff of nightmares. His saxophone and compositions are abetted in this dream making by an ensemble of bass, violin, reeds percussion and accordion. Dance like it was your last.....

Anyone have any other Kovac or Ladaaba Orchestra albums? Like to comment?

Earlier: FSOL -- Lifeforms LP (all 4 sides)...

Currently: Orbital: Satan live (all 4 sides)... (Not played this in maybe 9 years)

Bacarisse/ Rodrigo with Manuel Cuebo guitar/ Barca Symphony Orchestra. I think my fav rendition of Concerto D'Aranjuez: very natural and alive.

Dave Holland Quintet: Seeds of time. LP.

Fantastic set... Everything here... not missing a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back