advertisement

What are you listening to right now #15?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnny Cash - American Recordings (LP). The first of the series of 5 albums with Rick Rubin (got 2 - 3 to get). Brilliant, sparse interpretations of great songs - easily up there with the Sun recordings and the prison albums - and on 180gm vinyl.

Cheers

Rich

The new Pere Ubu record, Why I Hate Women (droll title). It's very good, but Ubu are nearly always very good.

-- Ian

Echo and The Bunnymen - Songs To Learn And Sing (LP). I don't need to learn them - I appear to be word perfect! Will Sergeant - more than useful geetar player.

Cheers

Rich

trevor watts with moire music....a wider embrace... has anyone seen him in concert with jamie harris and gibran cervantes.. playing this weird instrument called a urukungolo.... its brilliant..

Magazine - Secondhand Daylight (LP). Yup - still a classic.

The Teardrop Explodes - Everybody Wants To Shag... (LP). Don't think I've ever played this actually. Not sure I ever will again. Copey sounds full of acid-induced paranoia (err probbly cos he was); the evil Balfe manages to organise some decent sounds but that is about it. Never should have released it.

Cheers

Rich

Rich

Do you remember an East Riding cover band called "The Underpant Explodes" ?

They were still going a few years ago - or at least reformed for a few gigs.

Jonathan

Rich

Do you remember an East Riding cover band called "The Underpant Explodes" ?

They were still going a few years ago - or at least reformed for a few gigs.

Jonathan

No I don't - but I would if I'd heard of 'em. Must give Kilimanjaro a spin sometime soon - Thief Of Baghdad is one of my top (?) of great songs.

Cheers

Rich

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. - Chronicles of a bohemian teenager.

It's alright on first listen.
As band names become more and more convoluted, what do their fans shout prior to the band hitting the stage? "Cape, Cape, Cape..."?

I don't get the references to DCFC/Postal Service tbh. It's more like a lo-fi version of 'Shame About Ray' era Lemonheads or a less glitchy version of My Computer.

edit : currently The Letting Go by Bonnie Prince Billy. I like it, and have no idea why I haven't tried his stuff before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back