advertisement

What are you listening to right now #1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was: Cosmic Rough Riders - 'Enjoy the melodic sunshine'

Now: Napalm Death - 'Utopia Banished'

Next: Masters of Reality - self titled one on Def American. Good to hear that Chris Goss is on the mend.

Originally posted by starbuck
Next: Masters of Reality - self titled one on Def American. Good to hear that Chris Goss is on the mend.
What happened to him? Excellent album, but my fave is Sunrise On The Sufferbus, Ginger Baker's drumming is superb.

Now: Sven-Ake Johansson, Six Little Pieces For Quintet. One of my favourite straightahead free improv blow-out type records, if you know what I mean. Great fun.

Next: Simon Nabatov Trio, Sneak Preview. Monkish piano trio, must hear more Nabatov, this is the only record of his I've ever owned or heard, and it's very good.

-- Ian

Random vinyl tonight:

Was: The Byrds - Dr Byrds & Mr Hyde

Is: Miles - Birth of the Cool

Jim.

Mal Waldron/Steve Lacy, Live At Dreher, Paris 1981. One of the best duet albums ever recorded, 4 CDs of it reissued last year by hatOLOGY. The version of Waldron's "Snake Out" which closes disc 1 is, simply, amongst the most stunning fifteen minutes of jazz I know.

-- Ian

Earlier today: John Allens wfmu show - excellent as ever. Eclectic mixture of oddball electronic/noise/jazz/and err... seventies singer songwriter. He played some utterly fantastic stuff from a Warren Zevon/Jackson Browne bootleg, some mad African Jazz and lots more. Virtually no talking, all music - 3 hours worth.

Playlist and streams here .

Now: Surfjan Stevens - Welcome to Michigan

Will be: Louis Armstrong - Hot Fives and Sevens

Jim

earlier: Steve Forbert - Jackrabbit Slim

now: Beginner's Italian - Unit 2: Come si chiama?

later: Greg Brown - One Night (live)

I am at work.

Snake River Conspiracy's "sonic jihad" is on the CDP.

It is crap with occassional flashes of brillance.

I am at home.

Lamb. The one with "Cottonwood" on it.

I hate to sound like some old guy, but they don't make music like that anymore.

Lamb. The one with "Cottonwood" on it.

I hate to sound like some old guy, but they don't make music like that anymore.

I don't think they ever did, Mike - isn't it called 'Cotton Wool'?

Now playing 'Fight for your mind' by Ben Harper.

Next, in celebration(how sad I am) of just receiving notification of a forthcoming Dio tour, is 'Heaven and Hell' by Black Sabbath.

Oscar Peterson "We get requests"

I think this is the best recording of Peterson.
Also audiophile quality is absolute great.

;) t

I don't think anyone can be corrected by someone who admits to liking Ronnie Dio. It's like being picked up on your dress sense by a man with his fly open.

Now playing: REM - 'Document'.

Yes well, as someone who has the entire Sade discography and spins it regularly, I don't think I should even be allowed to post on a music forum!

Ditto here, as the proud owner of the full Eddie Money catalog. Guilty pleasures, guilty pleasures.

Currently listening to "The Philadelphia Orchestra Plays Bach", a Stokowski/Ormandy extravaganza on Columbia Masterworks. Not bad for a bunch of Philadelphians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back