advertisement

What are you listening to right now #1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cornershop, Handcream for a Generation. Haven't played this for ages, probably not since listening to it a couple of times when it first came out. Don't know why, it's ace. Funky as hell, witty, ambitious, great.

-- Ian

Not listening to anything at this moment but recently have been listening to the first clash lp,the stranglers no more heroes and the undertones cher o' bowlies(apologies to any from ireland,north and south,for the spelling) all on vinyl bought for the princely sum of £2.50 each.
Barry.

btw;think the sumiko bps is on it's last legs now:(

At work, on the ipod: Ben Waters, Shain' in the Makin'. Heard him playing piano on Andy Kershaw's show at the end of last year - I'm no expert on boogie-woogie but the album sounds pretty damn fine to me.

Steve.

Louis Moholo/Keith Tippett, No Gossip. 1980 live improv recording, Tippett plays some amazing piano on this.

-- Ian

Was: Whiny co-worker in nearby office
Is: Freaky co-worker installing new grow lights for her office/greenhouse, and annoying co-worker calling her dog from the other end of the hallway
Will be: My door slamming shut, and the Drone Zone on iTunes

The Wedding Present Take Fountain. Back after a long break, David Gedge appears to have been listening to Mogwai. Remember Seamonsters, add drones, dynamics and even-more-acerbic melodies. Smashing.

Was: Physical Graffiti - Zep
Is: Bara Faustus' Dream - Les Witches songs by Dowland, Byrd Tregian et al
Will be: Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense: polyphonies des chapelles royales anglaises 14c polyphony for the Chapel Royal.
It somehow manges to fit together rather seamlessly...

Was:- Edywn Collins - Hellbent On Compromise

Is:- Edwyn Collins - I'm Not Following You

Will be:- Something different to chill out to - Keith Jarrett is probably favourite

Rich - rooting for eddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back