advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back after a two hour walk with dog had a coffee and just about to watch the NY Met Opera free streaming of Carmen.
Available until 11.30 pm in the UK when it will be replaced by another.

I have some bits comming to make a uplighter.
Douglas fir cylnder about 350mm high and 300mm wide coopered with 20mm thick staves.
Should be fun getting the angles right and meeting up without a gap.

Pete

My lovely wife is doing her first day working from home. She appears fiendishly busy and concentrated and I haven’t dared try to communicate. Which is odd since when she travels to work I get an endless stream of reminders, gifs, texts, iMessages and emails of travel and concert suggestions.

Just had a peek:
tenor.gif

House painting = 60m perimeter, two storey timber clad house painted red. Forth Bridge-ish. Locked down here (France) and weather looks good.

Looks like we can cycle too provided we have the self-signed form with us and are not on the tandem in which case gendarmerie may consider us a ‘collective sporting activity’ which is banned. lol.

Yes, but then he'll take it round the block and have his first breakdown, and before you know it the afternoon's gone by, what with pushing it home, fiddling with the carb, wondering if it's the mag and then finally sorting it by fitting a new spark plug that's not yet fouled.
That's the truth. Although somewhat unbelievable, plugs no longer foul or whisker with modern semi synthetic oil. But there's plenty of other gremlins awaiting on old engines. Worn cranks seals, worn rings, worn big end, knackered clutch springs, rusty bearings. If I manage a 30 mile trip by the time they find a vaccine it'll be a miracle.

I already work from home, as from tomorrow, the wife does!

Ive given very quiet, all my clients are digital, so they’re all working from home and will keep projects going that way; everything else is on the back burner!

So for me, that means getting the garage tidied, getting the greenhouse sorted and getting seeds sown ready to be planted out, get the raised beds turned over more to aid some drying in readiness for aforementioned sowings as well as spuds etc...

Best get to B&Q tomorrow to bulk buy bagged compost and other seeds too!

Just back after a two hour walk with dog had a coffee and just about to watch the NY Met Opera free streaming of Carmen.
Available until 11.30 pm in the UK when it will be replaced by another.
Bob, how do you get the Met? Ah found it on their weblink. Thanks for the tip off

My cousin had a great thought. As a two week isolation is little different from the Christmas/New Year period, especially given the panic buying that has been going on, then we should get the tree down from the loft and open the Baileys.

get the raised beds turned over more to aid some drying in readiness for aforementioned sowings as well as spuds etc...

Best get to B&Q tomorrow to bulk buy bagged compost and other seeds too!
Charlottes going in at the weekend here. I have more luck planting in large pots, and last year got enough from £2.50 worth of seed potatoes to last me into the new year. Pink Fir Apple (saved from last year’s crop) won’t be far behind. I’m having some more of that crop tonight fried with steak and salad. Hedonism or what?

Charlottes going in at the weekend here. I have more luck planting in large pots, and last year got enough from £2.50 worth of seed potatoes to last me into the new year. Pink Fir Apple (saved from last year’s crop) won’t be far behind. I’m having some more of that crop tonight fried with steak and salad. Hedonism or what?

Yeah; I'm on Duke of York and Desiree this year; will plant the first lot in pots as my beds are still too sodden with all the rain we've had; so the 2nd yield will be in the ground etc :)

Green beans, runner and broad beans being sown tomorrow as well as leeks etc...

Keeping it simple this year; will still have toms and cucumbers in the greenhouse, but that's it...

From what I saw of Waitrose veg aisle this morning you guys growing your own had better get a big dog or a gun.

Keeping it simple this year; will still have toms and cucumbers in the greenhouse, but that's it...
Tomatoes (Sungold, Alicante, San Marzano) already coming on nicely. I’ve found some old pepper, mangetout and courgette seed hanging about, so I’ll give that a go too.

Tomatoes (Sungold, Alicante, San Marzano) already coming on nicely. I’ve found some old pepper, mangetout and courgette seed hanging about, so I’ll give that a go too.

Might as well.

Not doing toms from seed this year ideally, they didn't do well last year unfortunately, but I have got some Brandywine seeds left, so may plant them & see what happens

All I can say is stay safe everyone! We're most fortunate that our hobby is one that can be enjoyed at almost any time indoors. My other hobbies will likely take the back seat as more and more events are cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back