advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably guilty of reinforcing a stereotype but I’ll probably drink quite a few pints of stout at home.

McGargles Seán’s export stout being my current favourite.

I’ve quite a serious amount of ripping to do having gone through a lot of purchases in s/h shops and from ACE records.

And then I might have a stout and listen to some music. And hopefully the virus will be amenable to all this.

.sjb

You can go out and do what you like, on your own. Nobody's catching anything off you, you aren't close enough. Likewise any viruses from others will blow away and be dispersed. You need an infective dose, meaning a few thousand organisms. No way you are getting that many out in the fresh air.
If I start running I’ll need a 100m exclusion zone.

My local golf club said they were open but advised us not to touch the flag pins.

We didn't go round...

you have grass? part 2: you have grass good enough for golf already? bloody brexit complainers.

it's snowing here right now.

So is all of industry shut down?
I am not sure....his message seems open to interpretation when listened to in full. Ie, everyone must stay at home or be punished. Then, commuters are allowed to move about. His tone and points were quite patronising and threatening in his speech last night. He has gone down one notch further in my estimation.

I presume if I get a call out I can still work, no power then you'd be well and truly stuck. But in between there's stuff to do in the house on the house around the house in the garden, veg garden, alarming the sheds after all our equipment was nicked, finishing the fencing, electric gates and if I've time I can go the the foundry and do some bronze casting and sculpture.

As I've been working from home for a couple of weeks anyway (and was regularly wfm 2 days/week previously), I guess I'll carry on working from home.

We're lucky enough to have a reasonable little garden and have easy access to countryside, so we'll not be stuck in the house. Might dust off the bike and get out on that, at least the roads should be quieter.

I work from home when not client facing, it is the latter I will really miss. I will keep on top of things business wise (not much commerce around at the moment) & try to stay sane. I have plenty of music to listen to, books to read & content to watch.

Work as normal, i often don't see anyone apart from family for a week.

Fine as long as it doesn't sneak through the phone.

Work out how to do online shopping. Never bothered before. Any tips?

Oh, and read War and Peace.

The Prosecco shelf was looking a bit sparse last night in Tesco, I just love that bulldog tenacity!

Since I'm 70 in a month I'm wondering if I'll be getting a stern warning from HMG telling me to stay in...
Till then it's pretty much life as normal...grow a few extra veggies maybe this year and try on line shopping. That'll take me a week to puzzle out anyway.

Decorate.

I already started by papering a bedroom over the weekend, I will do the whole house. As part of the same exercise I will de-clutter. That means sorting out the loft, a large cupboard on the landing that used to house a water tank, understairs cupboard, the shed, the greenhouse and garage.

I have plenty to do, believe me.

Me too, although now that spring seems to have arrived I really want to spend the time in the garden not 'house-fixing'.
(p.s. we're not on lockdown yet so in reality we're likely to spend most of our time finding shops that actually have things we need on the shelf)

If I start running I’ll need a 100m exclusion zone.
If I see a runner on his hands and knees, puking, gasping for breath and coughing his lungs up, I'll stay upwind and a good way off. It's probably only you but you can't be too careful.

Rebuild a 1951 BSA Bantam.
My first motorcycle!
I'll be self isolating. I'll miss going down to my local though!
I've got plenty of things to do to keep me busy. Building the Turntable Tachometer and Motor speed controller for one.
I might even get the hoover out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back